2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
bad van
By jen on 10/20/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

this is the 2nd dodge caravan we had and we loved the first one (a 2006) traded for this 2008 and I hate it! everything about it seems cheap, having some engine problems already, both of the back doors now have water trapped inside, I'm afraid they will rust out and we have the swivel and go seats and when you you use it with the table you can't fit inside poor layout. I'm sick of this van and wished I had my old one back

Van drifts to the right
By chuck on 10/13/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this new van, but for some reason car drifts to the right all the time slow or fast. I have been back to shop three times and have not been able to correct this problem, although I have been told this a safety feature built into the vehicle. My problem is I like a vehicle that holds the road.

The oddessy and Sienna beater
By carroll jones on 10/11/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The power is overwhelming for a van i cant believe it the 4.0 makes it a muscle van.The interior is great. i don't have any problems with wind noise but i talked to the dealer when i got my oil change and they said that the problem was getting fixed for 2009s

NOISE
By Brandon on 10/07/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I also have the whistling noise problem. The dealership has changed the windshield, tried to realign my door. Still a problem. Also twice i turned the van on and only the van came on, the radio and A/C did not. (very weird). The van has a weird look but rides nice(except noise), ok on gas.It's comfortable on long rides.Good get up and go.

Should have put on more miles on sooner
By Kevin on 08/18/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Loved it at first, but having electrical problems with less than 4000 miles. Software upgrade(scary) and two control modules later-still having the same problems. Starts with blower speed control working inconsistently, then dash lights go on or off or light up like a Christmas tree and the vehicle may stall. Going back to the dealer tomorrow. Still have my 95 CaravanSE, love it-hoped the 08 would be the same. Afraid to drive the 08. Also a bit of a whistle under the hood. Body "dings" easily, thin sheet metal? I will say-after a year of looking, was set to buy an Odyssey, but the Honda dealer was pretty arrogant, so went across the street and bought the Dodge, they appreciated my business.

Noise Nuisance
By earnewil on 08/16/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

General Design of the 2008 Grand Caravan is the reason for purchase. It has large cargo space when the rear seats are folded and stored under the floor with minimal effort.

Van
By jN on 08/12/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Now that there is a TSB out to get rid of the honking/wind noise from the front windshield at speeds over 65 mph. My major issue with van will be gone.

The whistling Noise
By Karl on 08/11/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying, I like the van and this is my second one. But the new design has a whistling sound when doing 65-70 MPH. The problem is around the windshield on the unit, Between the window and the pillar that extends to the roof. The rubber insert is not long enough and it causes a whistle sound. You will need to tape the outside until you can run a thin bead of caulk under the rubber to prevent the wind from getting in. I do a lot of driving in a year (42,000 annually) and I currently have it taped and it has stopped the noise. Good luck.

Get some value for that money!
By Cheeky Monkey Mama on 07/29/08 00:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love my van. We do not have any of the problems that others have mentioned (whistling noise, road noise, poor visibility with dual screens, etc.) The controls are nicely laid out. Love the Uconnect, mygig, and the 6 speed transmission. I live on top of a hill, and rather than riding my brakes all the way down, I just downshift and let the engine do the work. We also love the piece of mind of the lifetime powertrain warranty (we added the lifetime wrap that covers just about everything else for $2700) For under 30k we have tons of features, people / cargo space, power, and safety, with the piece of mind that comes with only having to pay for basic maintenance. We think we got a bargain.

locks are the problem
By Linda Kohler on 07/22/08 23:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The biggest problem with the van is that you can lock the doors with the sliding doors in the back still open. Once you push the lock and not have the doors closed, it still locks with the doors in the open position. This should be corrected by Dodge.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.