Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Disappointed - Poor Quality - Avoid
By Family of 5

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Second minivan for us after transmission went out on the Windstar. First problem was the automatic doors popping back open - then the brakes and new rotors at 36,000 - next the AC went out - poor gas mileage - built cheap - uncomfortable seating. Only good thing was the space and stow and go. This family of 3 kids went back to a Nissan Pathfinder. After 3 Jeeps that were lemons and now this - will never buy Dodge or Chrysler again. Buyer beware - you get what you pay for!

stow and go

Improvements? Overall quality and reliability!

Very Disappointed
By Chris

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Dodge G/C SXT used with 21,000 miles. I have experienced several problems with it and am seriously debating a trade in. The automatic doors are wonderful to have, when they work. I had to take the van in several times for "programming issues". Then there was a recall for a wiring issue that seems to have fixed the prob. Front end was completely replaced at 35,000 miles. Thank god for warranties. Front headlamp was factory wired incorrectly. Now as I have just passed the 36k mark (38,500) the brakes just got extended and now I don't apply for the $100 deductible to fix the obvious problems. I am not going to buy another GC. I have had a Ram for nearly 9 years and love it!

I do love the room it gives, especially for the family trip. Stow and Go is wonderful. Also looks pretty cool for a mini van!

Brakes!

Disappointed
By joe R

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After all the hoopla about needing to buy "American" I bought a Dodge grand caravan. I first took possession of a v4. Could barely get it home. No pep at all. Had to move up to v6. The price moved by $15,000. Within 5 months had to replace brakes and rotors in front. It seems Dodge used inferior quality brakes. Now I've been replacing them every 12-15k miles. I've already replaced the front end ball bearings and the rear bearings. The dealer actually replaced the front twice. It seems the first was defective. Been driving for 40 years and never had to replace bearings in my life. Now I have to replace an air-cond. Hose. Have to wait 4-6 weeks for the part. 4 to 6 weeks for a hose? Is this America

You charge top dollar. Make a quality product that we can all proudly point to and say Now that's AMERICAN.

A/C is NOT Blowing Cold
By Mad Dad

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this USED from a Chevy dealer and everything was fine until yesterday when I tried to use the A/C. It was hot & I thought it was just taking longer to cool. I was wrong, it's not blowing cold! My warranty expired on 6/13. I do not have an extended warranty and only have 3 mo / 3,000 mi which I would have to pay 50/50 with the dealer which expired on 6/13. Is there anything a Chrysler dealer will do for me? I refuse to put out money on a 2 year old car with only 40,000 mile on it.

Stow n go. Roomy interior.

Seats are very uncomfortable, could use more padding. Reliability should be better.

Disgusted
By michelle

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle brand new. I have had A/C issues, latch issues and shift issues. Most of all, I have put $500 recently into rear brakes after having had my front brakes already replaced for the same reason, squealing. I complained about the three times I have had to return my van for problems, but have gotten nowhere. They need to recall the brakes! I have owned 2 other Caravans and enjoyed owning them but not this one.

Stow n Go