Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

2008 Caravan
By Craig McCloud

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a feeling some of these reviews are completely made up by people PO'd at the world. I have a 2008 Carvan. The issue I've had is that the AC stopped working. When it was repaired it stopped working in less than a year. The other issue are the cheap plastic tracks that house the components that open and close the side sliders. This is a very poor design by Chrysler. The van ride very comfortably and I feel very safe in it. I does very well on snow covered roads. I don't buy the "it just stopped working" story.

Comforable ride, battery lasted for over 150K miles.

Redesign housing under sliding doors, reduce road noise and improve A/C components.

I will never buy a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Stow'N'Go Flex Fuel
By kandyce

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst Minivan I have ever owned. I have owned 4 in total (different years) It seems that the newer year you get, the more issues you have. I currently have 3 recalls on it but there should be more. My issues are as followed: *you have to giggle the shifter to get it to go into park to turn it off *stalls *bad on gas even with Flex Fuel *turns off while driving *over heats *wipers turn on, on there own *will repeataly start (turn over) over and over again while trying to start it and have to turn it off and try again to start it. *always replacing breaks, struts, shocks, ball joints, rooters (never before this bad)

Stow'N'Go

Build a better more reliable minivan

MY VAN IS POSSESSED!
By kamih

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van 2 years ago and we wish we would of never bought it. Shortly after the "used" warranty expired I was stranded because the plastic key would not start the van. My husband had to take apart the whole dash and unplug and re plug in wires to make the van start with the key. There was been numerous times that the windshield wipers will start, the lights blink off and on, and the gauges go off and on. This van had had these issues since 65,000 miles! Recently this has happened and now also the door locks wont work. I wouldnt suggest this van to anyone! I wish we would of bought a Toyota instead. My sister-n-law has a Toyota mini van and has Never had any problems with it

the only good feature this van has is the seats can be removed and its roomy.

Someone needs to do a better job with the electrical or computer. The seats dont adjust up and down so if your a short person its very hard to reach the peddles. Im 5 foot 3 and its hard for me.

Ok for the price
By agarven

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, now has 65,000km. Probably the most practical vehicle there is for a family at a good price. Brakes are a problem, replaced front pads and rotors at 35,000km. Rear caliper seized ruining rear rotor and pad (covered under warranty). Noisy exhaust (not sure if this is a problem or not).

Stow n go, cargo volume, smooth comfy ride.

Overall reliability is poor. Brakes are poor.

lots of repairs
By gregdetroy

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to drive. 3.3L engine is barely enough. Wish I had gotten a bigger engine. Back seat can squeeze 3 slim adults. Middle row seats are marginally comfortable. Noisy and rough-riding in the back of the car. Got mine used at 45k miles, now have 61k. Not surprised I needed new brakes, but I also needed new rear shocks and had to have AC recharged at 59k ($180) and got stranded out of town at 60k for 2 days when the CV gasket (i think that was the name) failed and spilled the transmission fluid out on a friend's driveway.

separate driver, passenger, and rear climate controls. Radio gets good reception even of week stations and has aux input. Easy to configue seats. Car fits just about anything.

more comfortable stow-n-go seats.