Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

2008 Caravan
By Craig McCloud

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a feeling some of these reviews are completely made up by people PO'd at the world. I have a 2008 Carvan. The issue I've had is that the AC stopped working. When it was repaired it stopped working in less than a year. The other issue are the cheap plastic tracks that house the components that open and close the side sliders. This is a very poor design by Chrysler. The van ride very comfortably and I feel very safe in it. I does very well on snow covered roads. I don't buy the "it just stopped working" story.

Favorite Features

Comforable ride, battery lasted for over 150K miles.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign housing under sliding doors, reduce road noise and improve A/C components.

I will never buy a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Stow'N'Go Flex Fuel
By kandyce

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst Minivan I have ever owned. I have owned 4 in total (different years) It seems that the newer year you get, the more issues you have. I currently have 3 recalls on it but there should be more. My issues are as followed: *you have to giggle the shifter to get it to go into park to turn it off *stalls *bad on gas even with Flex Fuel *turns off while driving *over heats *wipers turn on, on there own *will repeataly start (turn over) over and over again while trying to start it and have to turn it off and try again to start it. *always replacing breaks, struts, shocks, ball joints, rooters (never before this bad)

Favorite Features

Stow'N'Go

Suggested Improvements

Build a better more reliable minivan

2008 nightmare
By terkray

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Chrysler minivan, dating back from 1994; 1st lasted 10yrs, 180K, 2nd one totaled in accident after 6 years - both of those vehicles had 'usual' Chrysler issues, transmission, radiator. My '08 that I bought used from dealer 3 years ago, 30k miles - has been an absolute nightmare! I bought the extended warranty cuz of all the bells&whistles that came w/ this van; plus have a $150 deductible. This van has died on me at least 13 x's, stalled while driving @ 8x's, electrical panel gone awry, hatchdoor broke, slider broke, slider window broke, starter replaced 3x's, rear camera broke! If I did my research prior I would of NEVER EVER purchased van. I'm 15k til end of warranty & I cry

OK for a Minivan
By familyguy69

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this van used in 2010. I didn't know at the time, it was a previous Enterprise Rental. I got a good deal on it and has been mostly reliable. The van still has the original battery in it! It currently has 79,000 miles on it. THE BAD - My van needs front brakes every 8-10k miles. I only replaced rears once so far. Other than the A/C, Radiator Cap, and Sliding Door recall, I've had no major problems. The right front caliper did freeze up on me once. Since the last time I did brakes, the right front has been making a screeching sound while driving. I hope it is not wheel bearings. The seats could be more comfortable. The newer vans have nicer interiors since Fiat took over.

Favorite Features

Roominess, Stow-n-go, Power Sliding door, Safety Features.

Suggested Improvements

They have already made progress with the interior and the new 3.6l engine. They need to make the van lighter and put better brakes / rotors on them.

MY VAN IS POSSESSED!
By kamih

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van 2 years ago and we wish we would of never bought it. Shortly after the "used" warranty expired I was stranded because the plastic key would not start the van. My husband had to take apart the whole dash and unplug and re plug in wires to make the van start with the key. There was been numerous times that the windshield wipers will start, the lights blink off and on, and the gauges go off and on. This van had had these issues since 65,000 miles! Recently this has happened and now also the door locks wont work. I wouldnt suggest this van to anyone! I wish we would of bought a Toyota instead. My sister-n-law has a Toyota mini van and has Never had any problems with it

Favorite Features

the only good feature this van has is the seats can be removed and its roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Someone needs to do a better job with the electrical or computer. The seats dont adjust up and down so if your a short person its very hard to reach the peddles. Im 5 foot 3 and its hard for me.