2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
I will never buy a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Stow'N'Go Flex Fuel
By kandyce on 10/06/14 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst Minivan I have ever owned. I have owned 4 in total (different years) It seems that the newer year you get, the more issues you have. I currently have 3 recalls on it but there should be more. My issues are as followed: *you have to giggle the shifter to get it to go into park to turn it off *stalls *bad on gas even with Flex Fuel *turns off while driving *over heats *wipers turn on, on there own *will repeataly start (turn over) over and over again while trying to start it and have to turn it off and try again to start it. *always replacing breaks, struts, shocks, ball joints, rooters (never before this bad)

2008 nightmare
By terkray on 09/11/14 05:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Chrysler minivan, dating back from 1994; 1st lasted 10yrs, 180K, 2nd one totaled in accident after 6 years - both of those vehicles had 'usual' Chrysler issues, transmission, radiator. My '08 that I bought used from dealer 3 years ago, 30k miles - has been an absolute nightmare! I bought the extended warranty cuz of all the bells&whistles that came w/ this van; plus have a $150 deductible. This van has died on me at least 13 x's, stalled while driving @ 8x's, electrical panel gone awry, hatchdoor broke, slider broke, slider window broke, starter replaced 3x's, rear camera broke! If I did my research prior I would of NEVER EVER purchased van. I'm 15k til end of warranty & I cry

OK for a Minivan
By familyguy69 on 08/02/14 11:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this van used in 2010. I didn't know at the time, it was a previous Enterprise Rental. I got a good deal on it and has been mostly reliable. The van still has the original battery in it! It currently has 79,000 miles on it. THE BAD - My van needs front brakes every 8-10k miles. I only replaced rears once so far. Other than the A/C, Radiator Cap, and Sliding Door recall, I've had no major problems. The right front caliper did freeze up on me once. Since the last time I did brakes, the right front has been making a screeching sound while driving. I hope it is not wheel bearings. The seats could be more comfortable. The newer vans have nicer interiors since Fiat took over.

MY VAN IS POSSESSED!
By kamih on 06/26/14 13:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van 2 years ago and we wish we would of never bought it. Shortly after the "used" warranty expired I was stranded because the plastic key would not start the van. My husband had to take apart the whole dash and unplug and re plug in wires to make the van start with the key. There was been numerous times that the windshield wipers will start, the lights blink off and on, and the gauges go off and on. This van had had these issues since 65,000 miles! Recently this has happened and now also the door locks wont work. I wouldnt suggest this van to anyone! I wish we would of bought a Toyota instead. My sister-n-law has a Toyota mini van and has Never had any problems with it

Stay Away-MoneyPit/Death Trap
By jayblack1 on 03/31/14 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Total junk, worst think I ever bought. Breaks last 10-15k.Power lift gate and passenger sliding door failed due to rotten plastic (64k&70k).Clock spring & tilt sensors went out causing stability and traction control system malfunction, computer activated brakes stopping van in middle of traffic (no break input from driver).Exploded coolant line @ 82k due to rotten plastic in Y junction, another one leaking on airbag wiring (101k) causing airbag MIL to come on. Broken brake spacer @101,5k cause pad to fall out and wedge between rotor and brake assembly locking up rear driver wheel. This POS has left my wife and 4kids stranded on side of road 5 times in less than 2 years! Run Away! Deathtrap!

Saved my life
By chryslerfan12 on 01/27/13 15:37 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just posted a while back how much I loved my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. My Grand Caravan had 86000 trouble free miles on it until January 24 2013. I was traveling to fast for snowy conditions slid off the road took out a HUGE hemlock tree did 4 360's and tumbled down an embankment. The right side of the van was gone, the glass blew out of it, the dashboard collapsed, and the roof buckled but I was able to unbuckle my seatbelt and walk away from the crash uninjured. I really miss my van!

Very Happy with my Grand Caravan
By augrpeters on 12/17/12 19:59 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My van has 83000 miles on it and drives like new. I've had NONE of the problems stated by other owners. My 3.8 pulls strong and still gets 25 MPG. I'm only 18 and yes I get made fun of for driving a minivan but it just keeps going and refuses to let me down (I've been hard on it.) My van has taken me places where it was never designed to go. The only problem I ever had with it was caused by water in the gas. It has never failed to start even on the coldest mornings. My friends all make fun of me for having a van but I'm the only one who hasn't been stranded by a vehicle. I will keep my Grand Caravan until it's almost paid off and I will upgrade to a new one. Chrysler got it right with this!

Bad, just bad...
By dodgeomatic on 11/26/12 23:32 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Horror! Since we bought this van it's been nothing but problems. My biggest complaint is the passenger sliding door. Its had a module replaced twice and it still functions like junk. It doesn't close when you need it to; and doesn't stay open when you need it to. Just last week we fully opened that damn door and my two year old was trying to get in when it started closing on him. We tried to stop the door by applying slight pressure on it while pulling my boy out. There was no stopping that door. I'm pretty pissed about this. This was our first and last Dodge ever.

Ok for the price
By agarven on 09/16/12 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, now has 65,000km. Probably the most practical vehicle there is for a family at a good price. Brakes are a problem, replaced front pads and rotors at 35,000km. Rear caliper seized ruining rear rotor and pad (covered under warranty). Noisy exhaust (not sure if this is a problem or not).

lots of repairs
By gregdetroy on 08/24/12 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to drive. 3.3L engine is barely enough. Wish I had gotten a bigger engine. Back seat can squeeze 3 slim adults. Middle row seats are marginally comfortable. Noisy and rough-riding in the back of the car. Got mine used at 45k miles, now have 61k. Not surprised I needed new brakes, but I also needed new rear shocks and had to have AC recharged at 59k ($180) and got stranded out of town at 60k for 2 days when the CV gasket (i think that was the name) failed and spilled the transmission fluid out on a friend's driveway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.