2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
2008 nightmare
By terkray on 09/11/14 05:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Chrysler minivan, dating back from 1994; 1st lasted 10yrs, 180K, 2nd one totaled in accident after 6 years - both of those vehicles had 'usual' Chrysler issues, transmission, radiator. My '08 that I bought used from dealer 3 years ago, 30k miles - has been an absolute nightmare! I bought the extended warranty cuz of all the bells&whistles that came w/ this van; plus have a $150 deductible. This van has died on me at least 13 x's, stalled while driving @ 8x's, electrical panel gone awry, hatchdoor broke, slider broke, slider window broke, starter replaced 3x's, rear camera broke! If I did my research prior I would of NEVER EVER purchased van. I'm 15k til end of warranty & I cry

OK for a Minivan
By familyguy69 on 08/02/14 11:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this van used in 2010. I didn't know at the time, it was a previous Enterprise Rental. I got a good deal on it and has been mostly reliable. The van still has the original battery in it! It currently has 79,000 miles on it. THE BAD - My van needs front brakes every 8-10k miles. I only replaced rears once so far. Other than the A/C, Radiator Cap, and Sliding Door recall, I've had no major problems. The right front caliper did freeze up on me once. Since the last time I did brakes, the right front has been making a screeching sound while driving. I hope it is not wheel bearings. The seats could be more comfortable. The newer vans have nicer interiors since Fiat took over.

Stay Away-MoneyPit/Death Trap
By jayblack1 on 03/31/14 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Total junk, worst think I ever bought. Breaks last 10-15k.Power lift gate and passenger sliding door failed due to rotten plastic (64k&70k).Clock spring & tilt sensors went out causing stability and traction control system malfunction, computer activated brakes stopping van in middle of traffic (no break input from driver).Exploded coolant line @ 82k due to rotten plastic in Y junction, another one leaking on airbag wiring (101k) causing airbag MIL to come on. Broken brake spacer @101,5k cause pad to fall out and wedge between rotor and brake assembly locking up rear driver wheel. This POS has left my wife and 4kids stranded on side of road 5 times in less than 2 years! Run Away! Deathtrap!

Saved my life
By chryslerfan12 on 01/27/13 15:37 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just posted a while back how much I loved my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. My Grand Caravan had 86000 trouble free miles on it until January 24 2013. I was traveling to fast for snowy conditions slid off the road took out a HUGE hemlock tree did 4 360's and tumbled down an embankment. The right side of the van was gone, the glass blew out of it, the dashboard collapsed, and the roof buckled but I was able to unbuckle my seatbelt and walk away from the crash uninjured. I really miss my van!

Very Happy with my Grand Caravan
By augrpeters on 12/17/12 19:59 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My van has 83000 miles on it and drives like new. I've had NONE of the problems stated by other owners. My 3.8 pulls strong and still gets 25 MPG. I'm only 18 and yes I get made fun of for driving a minivan but it just keeps going and refuses to let me down (I've been hard on it.) My van has taken me places where it was never designed to go. The only problem I ever had with it was caused by water in the gas. It has never failed to start even on the coldest mornings. My friends all make fun of me for having a van but I'm the only one who hasn't been stranded by a vehicle. I will keep my Grand Caravan until it's almost paid off and I will upgrade to a new one. Chrysler got it right with this!

Bad, just bad...
By dodgeomatic on 11/26/12 23:32 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Horror! Since we bought this van it's been nothing but problems. My biggest complaint is the passenger sliding door. Its had a module replaced twice and it still functions like junk. It doesn't close when you need it to; and doesn't stay open when you need it to. Just last week we fully opened that damn door and my two year old was trying to get in when it started closing on him. We tried to stop the door by applying slight pressure on it while pulling my boy out. There was no stopping that door. I'm pretty pissed about this. This was our first and last Dodge ever.

The woest purchase ever
By salyalma on 09/07/11 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Not even 50K Miles on it and already expend $1500 in cooling and heating repairs, first AC pipes blow, then radiator and radiator cap ($400) ,the intake manifols gasket $350 and now the water pum ($350) I wont recommend this vehicle to nobody, the interior plastic panels and seat handles broke, bumper clamps loose this vehiclke really sucks

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT/Crew
By 69mustang69 on 07/17/11 17:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE with 125,000 miles on it for the Dodge Grand Caravan. We chose the Caravan because we could either get a fully loaded '08-'09 Caravan with all the bells and whisles or a '09 Sienna with hardly any thing on it. We live in Wisconsin, and my wife wanted a van with remote start and heated seats, and couldn't afford the Sienna with these options on it. We made a great decision and so far haven't had any problems with it yet. It was certified through Dodge so still has the warrenty. We were told to get a Caravan that was certified with the remaining warrenty because there has been some problems with them. We are proud to be Dodge Grand Caravan owners!

Not bad for the price
By bigd_74 on 03/03/11 09:45 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 2008 used with 18k at the beginnning of 2009. Got a good deal on it & it is perfect for our family with 3 little kids. The stow & go is a great feature. I've had the dealership do all of the oil changes every 4k or 4 mos so I have solid records on file. They did the 36k check up as well. I had to replace rear rotors & pads at 32k as well as have the front rotors turned & new pads - did all this work myself and saved about $400. I was shocked that it needed brakes so soon. Did the brake fluid flush & power-steering flush myself - saved a few $$$. I had the dealer flush the transmission fluid. Lots of recalls & it seems to need more maintenance than my Japanese cars.

2/24/2011
By bs2257 on 02/24/11 08:40 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy American. Have always had a Toyota. Bought this van from the Dodge Dealership used with 58k miles. Since I've had it, (1 1/2 yrs) new brakes, AC hose leaked. Recalls: AC, radiator cap leak, front wheel bearings, door latch could cause fire, Air bags could disengage. Now the transmission needs to be replaced with 64K miles. Cost 4,500-5,500 to replace. Was told by the dealership the transmission has not been a problem on other 2008 vans. Really! No Thanks! Trading it in on a Toyota as soon as possible! I really expected more from Dodge.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.