2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Stay Away-MoneyPit/Death Trap
By jayblack1 on 03/31/14 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Total junk, worst think I ever bought. Breaks last 10-15k.Power lift gate and passenger sliding door failed due to rotten plastic (64k&70k).Clock spring & tilt sensors went out causing stability and traction control system malfunction, computer activated brakes stopping van in middle of traffic (no break input from driver).Exploded coolant line @ 82k due to rotten plastic in Y junction, another one leaking on airbag wiring (101k) causing airbag MIL to come on. Broken brake spacer @101,5k cause pad to fall out and wedge between rotor and brake assembly locking up rear driver wheel. This POS has left my wife and 4kids stranded on side of road 5 times in less than 2 years! Run Away! Deathtrap!

Saved my life
By chryslerfan12 on 01/27/13 15:37 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just posted a while back how much I loved my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. My Grand Caravan had 86000 trouble free miles on it until January 24 2013. I was traveling to fast for snowy conditions slid off the road took out a HUGE hemlock tree did 4 360's and tumbled down an embankment. The right side of the van was gone, the glass blew out of it, the dashboard collapsed, and the roof buckled but I was able to unbuckle my seatbelt and walk away from the crash uninjured. I really miss my van!

Very Happy with my Grand Caravan
By augrpeters on 12/17/12 19:59 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My van has 83000 miles on it and drives like new. I've had NONE of the problems stated by other owners. My 3.8 pulls strong and still gets 25 MPG. I'm only 18 and yes I get made fun of for driving a minivan but it just keeps going and refuses to let me down (I've been hard on it.) My van has taken me places where it was never designed to go. The only problem I ever had with it was caused by water in the gas. It has never failed to start even on the coldest mornings. My friends all make fun of me for having a van but I'm the only one who hasn't been stranded by a vehicle. I will keep my Grand Caravan until it's almost paid off and I will upgrade to a new one. Chrysler got it right with this!

Bad, just bad...
By dodgeomatic on 11/26/12 23:32 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Horror! Since we bought this van it's been nothing but problems. My biggest complaint is the passenger sliding door. Its had a module replaced twice and it still functions like junk. It doesn't close when you need it to; and doesn't stay open when you need it to. Just last week we fully opened that damn door and my two year old was trying to get in when it started closing on him. We tried to stop the door by applying slight pressure on it while pulling my boy out. There was no stopping that door. I'm pretty pissed about this. This was our first and last Dodge ever.

The woest purchase ever
By salyalma on 09/07/11 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Not even 50K Miles on it and already expend $1500 in cooling and heating repairs, first AC pipes blow, then radiator and radiator cap ($400) ,the intake manifols gasket $350 and now the water pum ($350) I wont recommend this vehicle to nobody, the interior plastic panels and seat handles broke, bumper clamps loose this vehiclke really sucks

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT/Crew
By 69mustang69 on 07/17/11 17:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE with 125,000 miles on it for the Dodge Grand Caravan. We chose the Caravan because we could either get a fully loaded '08-'09 Caravan with all the bells and whisles or a '09 Sienna with hardly any thing on it. We live in Wisconsin, and my wife wanted a van with remote start and heated seats, and couldn't afford the Sienna with these options on it. We made a great decision and so far haven't had any problems with it yet. It was certified through Dodge so still has the warrenty. We were told to get a Caravan that was certified with the remaining warrenty because there has been some problems with them. We are proud to be Dodge Grand Caravan owners!

Not bad for the price
By bigd_74 on 03/03/11 09:45 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 2008 used with 18k at the beginnning of 2009. Got a good deal on it & it is perfect for our family with 3 little kids. The stow & go is a great feature. I've had the dealership do all of the oil changes every 4k or 4 mos so I have solid records on file. They did the 36k check up as well. I had to replace rear rotors & pads at 32k as well as have the front rotors turned & new pads - did all this work myself and saved about $400. I was shocked that it needed brakes so soon. Did the brake fluid flush & power-steering flush myself - saved a few $$$. I had the dealer flush the transmission fluid. Lots of recalls & it seems to need more maintenance than my Japanese cars.

2/24/2011
By bs2257 on 02/24/11 08:40 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy American. Have always had a Toyota. Bought this van from the Dodge Dealership used with 58k miles. Since I've had it, (1 1/2 yrs) new brakes, AC hose leaked. Recalls: AC, radiator cap leak, front wheel bearings, door latch could cause fire, Air bags could disengage. Now the transmission needs to be replaced with 64K miles. Cost 4,500-5,500 to replace. Was told by the dealership the transmission has not been a problem on other 2008 vans. Really! No Thanks! Trading it in on a Toyota as soon as possible! I really expected more from Dodge.

Back to the drawing board...
By Aaron on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our 2008 Grand Caravan just a few years ago. The new body style and stow and go were what drew us to it right away. However, now 4 recalls later and an electrical problem no one can seem to diagnose, I am stuck paying $400/month for a car that has now had 2 sets of brakes and a set of rotors. Overall, I am very displeased with this vehicle. Chrysler, you just set Detroit back 20 years. It's back to the drawing board for you. A new body style doesn't make it a better vehicle. Sell something that is reliable and error free. Drop UAW and make it more affordable..

Please Avoid This Vehicle
By pghlawyer on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am adding this review to put people on notice. Please shop elsewhere. This vehicle looks good outside, has a decent interior and was exactly what my wife wanted for the family. Chrysler invented the minivan, right? They really screwed together a nice looking piece of poorly engineered crap. Tons of recalls. I have changed the brakes more times in two years than Visa will allow me to speak aloud. The dealer is finally coming around trying to "assist" me with "my" problems. Thanks for the help! This is a horrible mistake by this company and should be on the nightly news. Chrysler won't admit to this failure until someone, or their children, die in an accident.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan in VA is:

$110 per month*