Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Dodge never again
By Greg S.

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The brakes will need to be redone every 15-20K miles. I would replace with after market brakes. Wheel bearings replaced by dealer 20K miles ago, now need replacing again. DO not use Mopar parts or spec for this vehicle! A/C is broken, common problem. While this is a very nice optioned car, it is also the worse built car I have ever owned. Not a mistake I will make again.

2008 Caravan
By Craig McCloud

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a feeling some of these reviews are completely made up by people PO'd at the world. I have a 2008 Carvan. The issue I've had is that the AC stopped working. When it was repaired it stopped working in less than a year. The other issue are the cheap plastic tracks that house the components that open and close the side sliders. This is a very poor design by Chrysler. The van ride very comfortably and I feel very safe in it. I does very well on snow covered roads. I don't buy the "it just stopped working" story.

Comforable ride, battery lasted for over 150K miles.

Redesign housing under sliding doors, reduce road noise and improve A/C components.

I will never buy a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Stow'N'Go Flex Fuel
By kandyce

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst Minivan I have ever owned. I have owned 4 in total (different years) It seems that the newer year you get, the more issues you have. I currently have 3 recalls on it but there should be more. My issues are as followed: *you have to giggle the shifter to get it to go into park to turn it off *stalls *bad on gas even with Flex Fuel *turns off while driving *over heats *wipers turn on, on there own *will repeataly start (turn over) over and over again while trying to start it and have to turn it off and try again to start it. *always replacing breaks, struts, shocks, ball joints, rooters (never before this bad)

Stow'N'Go

Build a better more reliable minivan

2008 nightmare
By terkray

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Chrysler minivan, dating back from 1994; 1st lasted 10yrs, 180K, 2nd one totaled in accident after 6 years - both of those vehicles had 'usual' Chrysler issues, transmission, radiator. My '08 that I bought used from dealer 3 years ago, 30k miles - has been an absolute nightmare! I bought the extended warranty cuz of all the bells&whistles that came w/ this van; plus have a $150 deductible. This van has died on me at least 13 x's, stalled while driving @ 8x's, electrical panel gone awry, hatchdoor broke, slider broke, slider window broke, starter replaced 3x's, rear camera broke! If I did my research prior I would of NEVER EVER purchased van. I'm 15k til end of warranty & I cry

OK for a Minivan
By familyguy69

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this van used in 2010. I didn't know at the time, it was a previous Enterprise Rental. I got a good deal on it and has been mostly reliable. The van still has the original battery in it! It currently has 79,000 miles on it. THE BAD - My van needs front brakes every 8-10k miles. I only replaced rears once so far. Other than the A/C, Radiator Cap, and Sliding Door recall, I've had no major problems. The right front caliper did freeze up on me once. Since the last time I did brakes, the right front has been making a screeching sound while driving. I hope it is not wheel bearings. The seats could be more comfortable. The newer vans have nicer interiors since Fiat took over.

Roominess, Stow-n-go, Power Sliding door, Safety Features.

They have already made progress with the interior and the new 3.6l engine. They need to make the van lighter and put better brakes / rotors on them.