Watch out.
By Hatethisstupidvan on
2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
This was "leased" as a vehicle for my family to drive. I am a mechanic. What a piece of junk this thing has been for the last 3 years. In 45,000 miles we have been thru 3 sets of brakes, two sets of tires, can't seem to keep suspension components intact, the tie rod ends are junk, the ball joints make noise, it shifts funny, and the ABS system stopped working at 28,000 miles. I am fortunate that we didn't buy this. I feel sorry for anyone buying one of these used, as they are a money pit and a piece of junk. Otherwise the stow and go is great, it tows okay, and was fairly easy on gas. I still hate this car.
Favorite Features
Stow and go, dual power doors.
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler should have put actual TRUCK based suspension and brakes, maybe from the Dakota/Durango platform, rather than this UNDERSIZED K-Car leftovers. It really is too small for a 7 passenger van with a V6, was designed for a 2.2 liter 4 cyl car.
By lisa328
on 06/30/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

I think you are talking about my van. Everything you state has happened to my van. In addition, the left sliding door unlocks with key but does not open except manually. It's the opposite with the right side. I will NEVER buy another Dodge again! This was a horrible buy and will never happen again! My FORD van was great, I miss it!