2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Great vehicle, underrated - I

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great vehicle, underrated - I don't understand what all the complaints are about
By flyhi152 on

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am under the impression that Toyota & Honda are paying for bad reviews of this vehicle. I bought mine used from Avis and now it has about 75,000 miles on the odometer. I have changed the tires and the brakes (wear and tear part). At about 60,000 I had to change the EGR valve (bought from Autozone for about $ 80,- and about 2 hours to put it in). One door lock actuator failed after the warranty expired and Chrysler had it fixed as a courtesy without charging me. Mercedes, Honda or Toyota never do anything as a courtesy after the warranty expires. Great car, great company !

On board computer, steering wheel audio controls, 6 way power driver seat. (On my $ 65,000 Corvette with the highest trim level I have to move the backrest of the seat manually, power is not available for the backrest) Rear A/C Stow & Go seats

Passengers who want to get into the back of the van always yank on the door handle if I don't push the button fast enough. Sometimes even when the door already starts moving. Some vans operate the power sliding door by pulling the handle. Gas mileage is not that great.