Needed Space for Family
By Tracy on
2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this van for space for family. Though I'm happy with the space, I was highly disappointed with several features (or lack of features). Stutters and jumps when traveling slow speeds (like in a parking lot). The climate control is horrible. No way to switch between heat and air-you just have to adjust the temp up and down one degree at a time in three different places. No way to turn on just the fan, cool temp means air conditioning. I paid over $500 for remote start but wasn't told the stinkin' thing shuts off in 10 minutes--what's the point of that? Console did not close or lock--9 weeks later still not fixed. Mileage only 15- 16 mpg whether in town or on highway. Don't like anything else except the space. Will never buy a Dodge van again.
Favorite Features
Foldaway seats. Purchased liner for 3rd row seat storage area.
Suggested Improvements
Remote start that doesn't turn itself off. Gas mileage should be closer to what's advertised. Climate control needs to be totally revamped--there is nothing helpful about this system. Allow the doors to open when van is in drive--a pain in the neck for dropping kids off at school.