2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Overall Good Value
By ps on 05/11/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this van for about 16 months and put about 18000 miles on it. Needed service once for a rusted brake line for ABS (ABS light came on and stayed on). Has been dependable and very versatile. The convenience and ease of stow and go seating is great, as is the power lift gate. The remote start is a must for me in the winter. Gas mileage is just OK, not horrible at 20-21 mpg mixed city and highway driving after employing gas saving driving tips (set your cruise control at 60 mph on the highway (city speed limit) and watch other cars pass you like you are standing still!), got 18mpg consistently before that. Transmission "thunks" downshifting, jerking the van, not at all smooth.

Stunning Deal
By salgeek on 05/08/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd. Chryco Minivan. Utility and Value punctuate my ownership experiences. For $12,300 I purchased a year old Dodge Grand Caravan SE with stow and go seating with only 10,747 miles. The vehicle is Chrysler Certified so the power train is warranted for 8 yr/80K miles and I have a bumper to bumper warranty for 39 months/39K miles. "Certified" also includes roadside assistance till 8 yr/80K. AND the dealer threw in free lifetime oil changes. WOW! With a little luck the transmission will make it 100K miles and she wont rust out till it's 9th year in service. Maybe even the AC/Heater core will make it 5+ years. If I can get 30K between brake jobs I'll be happy!

By Minivan on 04/23/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Please don't buy this minivan I bought mine used a few weeks ago and already the transmission is gone. It has poor gas mil. It shakes and rattles at a slow speed. I must admit the price is what lured me in.

My minivan
By lou frank on 04/04/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love my van, mpg could be better love stow and go, hard to use unless you have the seats all the way forward, vibrating at around 30 to 35 bothers me, never can seem to get it fixed, will keep after them. I didn't like how the muffler side pipe shows so I put on custom running boards to hide them, looks great. I am impressed with the power accels great. Should have a built in antenna. Not good in a car wash, had to replace my antenna already, only had it two months.

not bad...
By Mike on 03/27/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The wife and I hit the dealership the last day of the "national mini-van" sale and got an amazing deal. We bought the SXT "special edition" grand caravan for 23 thousand (a 32 thousand dollar vehicle). It has all the bells and whistles they offer. The wife was happy as she drives it to work. We owned a 2002 Grand Caravan that we traded in for this one. I have to say the 2002 was more quiet and had more headroom than this 2007. I believe it's because of the stow 'n go seating storage bins being so close to the road it picks up a lot of noise (?). The wife likes it so I'm happy, no issues with it thus far.

Pretty Good, all things considered
By Mighty UTU on 03/25/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the Van for almost a year now. Can't beat the storage (sto n go). It is Awesome. I think it looks better than the new style. Yeah it's a minivan but if you put your ego aside then it is the most versatile vehicle out there. My 3 kids love it.

They could have done better
By Jim on 01/12/08 11:35 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The comfort of the vehicle leaves alot to be desired. The automatic doors sometimes dont work as they should. With a 3.8 L engine the drive could handle a little bit better. The fuel eff. is good and I like the "Stow-n- Go" seating.

Program Vehicle
By Mike on 12/30/07 07:59 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the Grand Caravan SXT used (Program Vehicle) in late December 2007. We needed a 7 passenger vehicle to accommodate our children and grandchildren and this one fit the bill. It gets slightly better gas mileage than the 2002 Ford Windstar it replace (averaging 18.3 to 22.3 mpg). The Caravan has less interior room (Body width appears narrower) than the Windstar. The back bench seat will not fit 3 passengers if you put a child or infant's car seat in the designated middle position.

Needed Space for Family
By Tracy on 11/06/07 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van for space for family. Though I'm happy with the space, I was highly disappointed with several features (or lack of features). Stutters and jumps when traveling slow speeds (like in a parking lot). The climate control is horrible. No way to switch between heat and air-you just have to adjust the temp up and down one degree at a time in three different places. No way to turn on just the fan, cool temp means air conditioning. I paid over $500 for remote start but wasn't told the stinkin' thing shuts off in 10 minutes--what's the point of that? Console did not close or lock--9 weeks later still not fixed. Mileage only 15- 16 mpg whether in town or on highway. Don't like anything else except the space. Will never buy a Dodge van again.

Forced into a minivan
By No More Sportscars on 10/27/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We already have a 14 month old child and now my wife is expecting twins, so we needed a vehicle that could fit our growing family comfortably. Our biggest problem was finding a vehicle that could fit three car seats along with everything else a growing family demands. The grand caravan won by default with the great combination of price, comfort and 0% financing. We chose the leather seats and purchased a dual dvd player from Walmart.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.