Used 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Poorly designed.
By wstraube

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After having a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport this 07 SXT was a big let down. I would have thought since Daimler-Benz AG merged with Chrysler in 1998 they would have produced a higher quality vehicle. Instead they cut corners everywhere they could and made in my opinion a cheeper vehicle. Where do I start? The only reason I had to get rid of my 2000 is that the shock towers were starting to rust. A problem Chrysler knew they had but didnít do anything about. It was a safety issue. But I almost got 200,000 miles out of it. I had a little rust to fix around the drivers side wheel well. Other than that it was pretty reliable. The 07 with a little over 100,000 miles started

Stow n GO

Auto doors, ride, gas mileage, overhead console, transmission,

This thing is SLOW!!!
By tireburner1997

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great for hauling stuff around and and pulling a 12 foot boat around. you can cram a lat of people in it and it is SUPER reliable we got it with 78000 mile and it now has 123000 and nothing has gone wrong with it.

FWD! this is a bulldozer in the winter.

It helped us make a tough decision easier.
By smoo4asw

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got to see what a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country would have been like after 8 years of our use, and it wasn't pretty. The engine had half the power of the 2005 Chrysler Town and Country we were sold on until it was bought out from under us, and while it was still much more than a 3.3 liter V6 in a long wheelbase model, it was nowhere near the "Wow!" that the low-mileage 2 years older fully tuned up 2005 Chrysler Town and Country had. Since the Town and Country was sold the day before we had the cash, I valued the experience this van provided.

The perfect blend of what I liked about the 2006 LX on the interior and the 2005 Town and Country under the hood, plus it would have been a successor to a beloved Quicksilver-which was a 1995 Dodge Caravan totaled by the insurance that someone bought and is now using when we should have it! That's worth points all by itself, that it could be a good successor.

Fix the 179,000 mile doom assurance issue mentioned in the reviews of the two vans that actually had some life before that point, which this one didn't and so it was too iffy. Other than that, make the users not over love them so that they always have low miles to go along with supposed low resale value (but it seems like when you go to buy one they're always expensive unless they're dead, which is a whole new ball of wax.)

Great vehicle, underrated - I don't understand what all the complaints are about
By flyhi152

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am under the impression that Toyota & Honda are paying for bad reviews of this vehicle. I bought mine used from Avis and now it has about 75,000 miles on the odometer. I have changed the tires and the brakes (wear and tear part). At about 60,000 I had to change the EGR valve (bought from Autozone for about $ 80,- and about 2 hours to put it in). One door lock actuator failed after the warranty expired and Chrysler had it fixed as a courtesy without charging me. Mercedes, Honda or Toyota never do anything as a courtesy after the warranty expires. Great car, great company !

On board computer, steering wheel audio controls, 6 way power driver seat. (On my $ 65,000 Corvette with the highest trim level I have to move the backrest of the seat manually, power is not available for the backrest) Rear A/C Stow & Go seats

Passengers who want to get into the back of the van always yank on the door handle if I don't push the button fast enough. Sometimes even when the door already starts moving. Some vans operate the power sliding door by pulling the handle. Gas mileage is not that great.

Love my caravan (special edition)
By jarlin17

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

bought with 91k miles.This van was a great deal from an even greater dealership. The car fax was great, the warranty is great.Only thing I would change about the seating:the front seats should move back a littler further for taller people.The engine purrs like a kitten,the van handles excellent.The check engine light did come on once but it just needed a new gas cap, which dealer replaced.mileage is typical for most vans.advice: make sure you buy any used van from a reputable dealer.I have been in an accident in an 05 caravan going 65mph. no one was hurt, and minimal damage to van.

stow and go, 3 power doors,heated seats,DVD,individual temp settings,gas mileage,suspension,space in back

a little more room in the front seats. bigger glove box, bigger storage compartment in the front seat.