2007 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Crowd Mover
By Houston on 12/11/09 04:39 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle used with 19000 miles, and found out right away how much utility it had. With in floor storage,7 passenger interior,and fold down rear seats it fits our familys needs well. As someone who has been a mechanic I can offer this advice for the transmission issues, change your fluid to synthetic. This should keep it working well for years as has been my experience. My only real complaint is the brakes, but if you buy lifetime warranty pads and change them yourself you can save hundreds over the life of the van. Change engine oil to synthetic at about 50000 miles, for long engine life,( this gives the piston rings time to seat.)Then enjoy years of reliable service.

THE WORST TRANSMISSION EVER
By Patrick on 11/04/09 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Besides the not so smooth transmission the van would be great. The transmission is very jumpy at low speeds and now the transmission wines after 120 mile trip.

Never buy anymore
By dltrautmann on 05/26/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had 3 Dodge Grand Caravans will never have another. We dealt with Chrysler on problems and they never repaired or fixed them. We traded and still had a problem. The last Caravan we had, the transmission went out at 49000 miles and then we had two more transmissions put in still had problems. We are done with Dodge, Chrysler, etc.

Would buy again
By Larry Zellner on 04/09/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought van used from local dealer. Great roominess with seats stored. Handles good even on winter roads which surprised me considering it doesn't have traction control. Like exterior styling but could use a little chrome. Front brake pads squeal even after being replaced. Mileage is good for a van. Comfortable even on longer trips. Would recommend it.

Stunning Deal
By salgeek on 05/08/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd. Chryco Minivan. Utility and Value punctuate my ownership experiences. For $12,300 I purchased a year old Dodge Grand Caravan SE with stow and go seating with only 10,747 miles. The vehicle is Chrysler Certified so the power train is warranted for 8 yr/80K miles and I have a bumper to bumper warranty for 39 months/39K miles. "Certified" also includes roadside assistance till 8 yr/80K. AND the dealer threw in free lifetime oil changes. WOW! With a little luck the transmission will make it 100K miles and she wont rust out till it's 9th year in service. Maybe even the AC/Heater core will make it 5+ years. If I can get 30K between brake jobs I'll be happy!

Needed Space for Family
By Tracy on 11/06/07 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van for space for family. Though I'm happy with the space, I was highly disappointed with several features (or lack of features). Stutters and jumps when traveling slow speeds (like in a parking lot). The climate control is horrible. No way to switch between heat and air-you just have to adjust the temp up and down one degree at a time in three different places. No way to turn on just the fan, cool temp means air conditioning. I paid over $500 for remote start but wasn't told the stinkin' thing shuts off in 10 minutes--what's the point of that? Console did not close or lock--9 weeks later still not fixed. Mileage only 15- 16 mpg whether in town or on highway. Don't like anything else except the space. Will never buy a Dodge van again.

Great Car
By Tom on 02/14/07 16:32 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been impressive so far. I received the minivan as a company car. My hopes weren't high due to the bad press about Chrysler models. Generally, I'm a Honda fan but this vehicle is as well made as our Pilot. The ride quality is superb, the stow and go seating is class leading (love the extra storage room when middle seats are up), and the driver's captain's chair has proven comfortably ideal for both high mileage and in and around town trips. Honda and especially Toyota are high priced and unwilling to negotiate while Chrysler offers great deals. It's no wonder the Caravan is the best selling minivan in the US.

Great car
By Dave on 01/27/07 17:03 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at this after testing out all sorts of other vehicles. It's a lot more fun to drive than the Sienna, though it's slightly slower in acceleration, because it handles turns much better and feels more connected and in control. We were going to get a crossover but this had better mileage and a lot more space and better features - and better, more nimble cornering than most.

My opinion
By Robert W. Rusch Sr. on 12/06/06 10:06 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

For a long time I had a whistling noise at high speeds. It took me a long time to find out what it was. But I did find it. Other than that I really enjoy the vehicle. Moreso than any other vehicle I owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.