2007 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
This thing is SLOW!!!
By tireburner1997 on 10/21/14 18:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great for hauling stuff around and and pulling a 12 foot boat around. you can cram a lat of people in it and it is SUPER reliable we got it with 78000 mile and it now has 123000 and nothing has gone wrong with it.

It helped us make a tough decision easier.
By smoo4asw on 05/24/14 19:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got to see what a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country would have been like after 8 years of our use, and it wasn't pretty. The engine had half the power of the 2005 Chrysler Town and Country we were sold on until it was bought out from under us, and while it was still much more than a 3.3 liter V6 in a long wheelbase model, it was nowhere near the "Wow!" that the low-mileage 2 years older fully tuned up 2005 Chrysler Town and Country had. Since the Town and Country was sold the day before we had the cash, I valued the experience this van provided.

Great vehicle, underrated - I don't understand what all the complaints are about
By flyhi152 on 04/07/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am under the impression that Toyota & Honda are paying for bad reviews of this vehicle. I bought mine used from Avis and now it has about 75,000 miles on the odometer. I have changed the tires and the brakes (wear and tear part). At about 60,000 I had to change the EGR valve (bought from Autozone for about $ 80,- and about 2 hours to put it in). One door lock actuator failed after the warranty expired and Chrysler had it fixed as a courtesy without charging me. Mercedes, Honda or Toyota never do anything as a courtesy after the warranty expires. Great car, great company !

Love my caravan (special edition)
By jarlin17 on 02/26/13 19:39 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

bought with 91k miles.This van was a great deal from an even greater dealership. The car fax was great, the warranty is great.Only thing I would change about the seating:the front seats should move back a littler further for taller people.The engine purrs like a kitten,the van handles excellent.The check engine light did come on once but it just needed a new gas cap, which dealer replaced.mileage is typical for most vans.advice: make sure you buy any used van from a reputable dealer.I have been in an accident in an 05 caravan going 65mph. no one was hurt, and minimal damage to van.

SXT But With a 3.3L V6???
By bladeedge12 on 06/29/12 08:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle in 2010 because we needed a family hauler. Was never looking to get a minivan, but I always heard good things about Dodge's vans. The check engine light has been on from day one, but nothing seems to be wrong. The dealership said that it is common to happen on these vans. We have had several things checked out under the hood, but nothing has presented itself. The interior is on a downward spiral of falling apart so easily. It is slowly losing its automatic mechanisms like power locks and rear windows. Maybe the computer is slowly shutting the van's power down? The charging ports never worked. Two family trips and still going strong, however.

Safety features really work
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife was in a head-on collision in this van at 50 mph. The crumple zones worked as advertised and there was no noticeable damage to the cabin. She was a little bruised up from the airbags and seat belt but otherwise she walked away. The van was totaled but she is with us to talk about it.

Excellent family car
By Gilbert on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with only 3000 miles on the vehicle and have put 58,000 more miles on it. Drives very good, handles well, good visibility, sufficiently comfortable for long trips. Had only two mechanical problems; a whining compressor was replaced under warranty and gas pedal sticking that i had to pay for (under $150). Brakes job required after 57,000 miles which was not bad. Like the car a lot.

Worst car I have ever oned
By fred01 on 08/19/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 70k on it I have replaced the auto sliding doors three times and the transmission twice. It is a terrible van. If you have the ac on it guzzles gas like a college student hitting the beer bong. Spend the extra money and get a Honda.

2007 Special Edition
By Disappointed on 08/05/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The van would have been a great addition to any family, provided Chrysler really addressed quality and concern to owners. Instead they just made a junk and expected customers to support their cause. No wonder the company is going thru pains for what it did to people. Simply put, 2007 Grand Caravan, is another pain to owners.

Watch out.
By Hatethisstupidvan on 07/16/10 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was "leased" as a vehicle for my family to drive. I am a mechanic. What a piece of junk this thing has been for the last 3 years. In 45,000 miles we have been thru 3 sets of brakes, two sets of tires, can't seem to keep suspension components intact, the tie rod ends are junk, the ball joints make noise, it shifts funny, and the ABS system stopped working at 28,000 miles. I am fortunate that we didn't buy this. I feel sorry for anyone buying one of these used, as they are a money pit and a piece of junk. Otherwise the stow and go is great, it tows okay, and was fairly easy on gas. I still hate this car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.