2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Wanted an SUV -- sold on this

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Wanted an SUV -- sold on this minivan
By Hawaii Ohana on

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After years of SUV ownership due to large family size, I went to trade into a new SUV with all the huge rebates and literally stumbled upon this minivan. The color (Inferno Red) caught our attention, and as the dealership was out of not only 2005 SUvs, but 2005 everythings went for a test drive. Still got an excellent price and was able to trade out of TWO cars I was "upside down" thanks to late night, weekend shopping and a hungry salesman. I cannot believe I have never owned a Chrysler product before! The fit and finish is excellent. My neighbor just laid out almost $40K for an Odyssey with no power liftgate, stow and go seats, and only leather and a DVD more than my van. I paid $22K.

Favorite Features

Seating, quiteness, the knowledge that I have NO maintenance to pay for for 3/36! Not even oil changes. Both side doors and tailgate power! Nice, SOLID door sound when closing. Traction control and adjustable pedals for my wife's petite frame.

Suggested Improvements

The body style is due for an update, as it's looking still pretty much like my other neighbor's 1996. 17" wheels would be nice. Not even an option.