Verrrry Unreliable
By rs2025 on
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I just traded in my van with 88K miles for a 2012 Honda CRV. This was my 3rd Dodge van and Dodge should be embarrassed by the quality. I will no longer purchase a Chrysler product. Issues: Head gasket, Water pump, Steering rack (I was told I now need anther one) Valve covers needed new seals, Tie rods on both sides, Power side doors - one does not work and the other needs replacement motor, Air Conditioning - Dodge paid for part of the repair because issue was the design with mis-matched metals that causes leaks, Van is rusting and dealer repaired under warranty but not all rust issues, ignition harness, starter - I have no more space but more issues!!
Favorite Features
Utility
Suggested Improvements
By dodgevanowner
on 09/07/13 17:34 PM (PDT)

Amen, Dodge's are horrible / terrible / pathetic quality and reliability pieces of junk. And not saying this as some angry Internet rant, by all means - ANYONE and I mean ANYONE seriously considering buying a Dodge, please please please call 4-5 of your local auto repair shops and ask them about quality of Dodge's. They will all say the same thing universally. And you should be thankful you didn't replace your entire transmission at 55k miles! Kiss $3k goodbye at trans shop or $5k goodbye at dealership. Not to mention, probably another $2-3k worth of various repairs between 50-85k miles. So what ever you do, don't buy a Dodge - period. Based on all of our friends and families, highly recommend buying either Honda or Toyota vans. Everyone we know have had great service and repair records with these brands...as much as that kills me to say, as I'm super pro-American products and make every effort in the world to support US.