2006 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Bad doors & whine will

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Bad doors & whine will drive you crazy!
By PML1950 on

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Okay so the whine when I'm driving is what drives me the most crazy and it never seems to stop. The fact that every dodge caravan I've owned after about 80,000 miles the air conditioning stops working. The elec doors where to start, first one of the locks won't work with the key so you have to lock manually, then the other door the button on the inside won't open or close so if you remember which side works which way you're lucky. This is the second Dodge caravan and I won't purchase another. I'd rather a Honda or Toyota van, they have better reports from owners.

Favorite Features

stow-n-go seats

Suggested Improvements

more reliable air conditioning, better research and development for engine noises and fix the door problems.
By joegiant
on 02/21/15 07:33 AM (PST)

And that's why you pay four to five grand more for that Toy or Honda at purchase. At least that was the price differential when we bought ours, comparably equipped, in '06. Has our Caravan been perfect for the 9 years we've owned it? Nope. Have we gotten our money's worth and then some with a couple bumps along the way (currently at 114k on odometer)? Yep.