2006 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Excellent Family Transportation

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent Family Transportation
By Steve on

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I started out leasing this van because of what I heard about Chryslers' reliability and (at the time) corporate stability. That was 40 months ago. My lease ran out last month, and I bought the van. Why? I haven't had any significant trouble with the van in 30k miles. It's overkill for a 1 person commute but it is excellent for carpooling and family vacations. When we travel (fam of 4) we put down 1/2 rear seat for the cooler. My son brings his playstation and plays it through overhead video & wireless headphones. Tip: the middle seats are much more comfortable if you put up the headrests. Noticed slight mpg bump with K&N filter. Though lower horsepower than competitors, it's plenty.

Favorite Features

Underfloor storage bins. Dual sliding power doors. Carrying capacity in general. Good highway mpg, high 28.8 average highway 25. Quiet comfortable cruiser. Dvd changer also includes sep video input for when we finally get mobile digital tv. Lots of power outlets. Good sound system. Decent in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Since this model had already been redesigned this field is moot. Needs stronger pull-tabs for the sto-n-go. 3rd row seat is better than average but could be improved. Rearward visibility at night is awful - like most minivans. City mpg usually matches sticker 17 but when cold can go below 16.