Best van on the road.
By Rick on
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
We traded in our 2002 Grand Caravan for the 2006 Grand Caravan. We were very pleased with the '02 but this van with its Stow n Go seating is far superior. The seats work easily. If you do not have Stow n Go you will be amazed how frequently you use them. We use them every day. easy to use and can fold all seats within a minute. Have not had any major problems with the van at all. The van has made three trips to Florida and South Carolina (from NJ) and it is very comfortable. The storage wells for the middle row seats make a great storage area for snacks and things. There really is a lot of room in this van. Rides like a Cadillac on the highway. Easy to drive with great visibility.
Favorite Features
3.8 engine, Stow n Go, video system, interior controls well laid out and easy to use. Handling is terrific. Smooth quiet ride. Feels solid. Have gotten 26.2 mpg on the highway. I am averaging @20-22 mpg with normal driving. It gets better mileage than the '02 and I have a bigger engine! (3.8 vs 3.3)
Suggested Improvements
None. I feel Dodge did their homework on this van and they should be complimented. It is a well designed and well built car.
By njrick1
on 01/18/14 18:20 PM (PST)

just thought I would post an update....the van has almost 135,000 miles on her....no problems with the motor or transmission at all. I change the tranny fluid every 30k or so. Van does not burn oil at all. I use Mobil 1 and have used it on this van since she turned 5000 miles. I hear lots about Honda etc...but my Dodge...she just runs and runs. After 8 years...I would buy this van again in a heart beat.