2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Jack's Review
By Jack Dunham on 11/12/05 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this mini-van for 18 months and have been very pleased with it except for the gas milage which is only 14 city and 21 highway. Also the anti-lock brakes did not work for the first year that I owned the vehicle. I was not aware of it but the dealer found the defect when I took it in for it's second oil change. Something had been assembled incorectly at the factory.

Sticking wtih Chrysler
By Hoopster on 11/10/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After all the Honda Odyssey hype, I decided to stick with Chrysler/Dodge when it came time to replace the old minivan (replaces an early 90s Grand Voyager). $3500 in incentives and my company's fleet pricing on Chrysler products outweigh the reported reliability advantage of the Honda. I guess I can pay now or pay later. I opted for later. Grand Caravan SXT is very roomy and has a more functional interior that my old minivan or the Odyssey IMHO. The kids love it.

Great American Vehicle
By D_GC_Owner on 11/09/05 18:25 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Dodge GC ('93, '00, '06). Each one has improved over the last. Stow away seating is great, as are electric doors. The rear seats however had to be sized down to be able to store effectively. The cushion in the front seat lacks substance and the edge folds in occasionally as one enters the vehicle. Power is good, fuel economy was as expected-20mpg on average. Added sound absorption adds to the quiet ride ove the '00. The overall ride has improved. The instrumentation is clear. The 4-way flashers are activated whenever the side doors are opened as a safety feature.

First Minivan
By TBarwick on 10/25/05 18:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd see the day, me, owning a Minivan of all things! Actually enjoying it - the space, nice ride, and mpg. Dealer has been great. I just need more horse power (used to V8!) but then I'd be complaining about mpg right?

Excellent Car
By Mom on 10/11/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Ride is very good, handling looks interior, leg rooms better then any other mini van on the market. Stow and go seat are very good feature

LOVE IT!
By Knovice Buyer on 10/10/05 18:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first Minivan, after a gas guzzling SUV! Love the space, the ride, the stow and go seats. First trip got 25 mpg with 2 adults, 4 kids and 1 dog onboard. Dealer was fantastic - pleasure to work with, no pressure, wanted our business. With rebates and incentives, you can't beat the Caravan.

Excellent overlooked choice
By dm3 on 10/03/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just switched from a 2005 Sienna to 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. The Caravan has much more torque making it more responsive in normal driving, brakes are far better, excellent handling. Feels like a relatively nimble mid size sedan. Surprising to look behind and see how large the interior is. Lots of open space in the cabin is great for holding stuff and allowing easy movement within the cabin. Build quality appears to be excellent. Much better choice than a Sienna. Sienna is all hype. Gas mileage on the Caravan although rated 18/25 has been better than the Sienna rated 19/26.

Grand Caravan SXT
By Mark on 09/21/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our third Dodge Minivan. This continues to be the best designed minivan in the marketplace. Dramatic pricing discounts help ease the low- resale pain. Reliability has not been an issue for us. We enjoy the convenience front to back that this well-designed vehicle offers. Ride is quite nice, quieter than past models. Extra storage throughout is a plus.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.