Used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Disappointed
By Nancy

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new and within the first year the driver side sliding door mechanism broke and wasn't covered under warranty. Year 2 the air conditioner stopped working and air bag light came on and has perpetually been on since (no one cn figure out what's wrong with it)and year 3 it's been in the shop 3 times; brakes replaced, broken water pump and bad EGR valve. It's so disappointing to have such a popular and common vehicle have so many issues.

stow and go seats

maybe it was just a lemon but I see from another review someone else had similar issues with this model year.

Not A Day's Trouble
By K.Mac

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van used from the dealership with 18,000 miles on it, and I now have over 65,000. I have honestly never had a day's trouble with this vehicle. I change the oil, and have recently bought new tires- this has been the extent of the servicing done to my van. I commute every day 80 miles roundtrip, and when I set the cruise control on 60 I get around 26 mpg. I live on rural roads that aren't always cleared in the snow, and the traction control has come in handy. This vehicle has been a real bargain for me: reliability, luxury options that would have broke me on another van, and the feeling of safety when I'm out there on the road with all of the other large vehicles.

Stow and go seating (my little girl plays softball, and I love the tailgate seating option), triple zone climate control, audio controls on the steering wheel, ease of handling.

While I'd love better gas mileage, I knew getting the 3.8l V6 was going to cost me in exchange for more power. The turning radius is huge, so it takes a while to get to know how much room you'll need to quickly get in and out of small spaces.

Not Too Pleased
By JAWPAW

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced our previous 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 2006 model and have had several problems. Sun Roof had issues after using 3 times, rear sliding door broke at 24K miles, tires are already bald with only 40K miles, rack and pinion went at 36K and now the air conditioning just starting blowing warm air. Don't think I would buy another one. I hardly had any issues at all with my 1996 Caravan and that had over 100K miles on it. Very Disappointed with the quality. Unfortunately this is the first vehicle that I bought and did not buy an extended warranty. It figures.

Sto 'N Go Seats

Better then most will admit
By longhornfan1

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Regardless of what is said online I have seen more dodge vehicles with over 200,000 miles on them then any other manufacture and that includes everyone's beloved Honda. Dodge makes the best van for someone who wants reliable affordable transportation. This van has a great ride solid build and will not require a second loan if something does go wrong like the Honda would. My neighbor has one with 195K on it and plans to put 100 more. I have 36K and plan on 200K myself.

ride, room styling

Keep making them.

Sorry I got this van
By Chris

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to trade my old van for the 2006 because of the stow n go seats. I am leasing the van with all intentions of keeping the van when the lease is up. I should have kept my old vehicle. I had complained twice about the odor I get when I turn on the defrost or a/c and I have been told there is nothing wrong. I had to have the back a/c unit replaced because of leaking, the part was on back order and had to wait 2 months which was during the hottest time of the season. The motor on the passenger side window had to be replaced, the window would not go up during a rain. Now the left passenger side door will not slide open when I press the button, I have to manually open the door.

the only thing I like is the stow n go seats.

When parts are on back order it means there are a lot of people having the same problem, do a recall instead of making your customers pay for your unreliable parts.

• SUV