2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
A definite step up
By Jeff Majtyka on 06/29/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have three boys under 8 and this is a definite step up from our Ford Taurus. We have so much room and the kids love it. We can go places now that we never could in the car with the 5 of us. I come from a solid Ford family, but Ford could not match what Dodge could offer in the Grand Caravan. Even dad (Me) likes to take it for just running errands and don't feel girly. Ford who??

Very Impressed
By Dale in Decatur on 04/28/06 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The van has a much improved and quieter ride over our 2000 Chrysler Gr VoyagerSE model. 3.8 V6 is very smooth and gets better gas mileage than the 3.3 V6. We looked at several Dodge/Chrysler vans before settling for this one. Build quality in terms of fit and finish seemed suspect with some of the vans. This one however had none of those negative traits. Great van at a great price Sure resale value isn't there, but I don't trade that often, so resale value isn't an issue for me. I would buy again.

Love It!
By Jenni on 04/27/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this van! I've had it almost two weeks and I already got 550 miles on it. At this time I'm getting about 19- 20 mpg with the driving I do. I traded in my '04 Durango :( because it was killing me in gas 14mpg. I would have really loved to have gotten a Caliber, but I have one child, two large dogs, and hope to have another child in the near future so this is really the smallest thing I could get. I'm really surprised at how much I really like this thing. Its easy to load and unload everyone. And when traveling my hubby drives 9 outta 10 times so if I need to get in the back I can climb right back without having to pull over. Lots of praise on this van so far. I hope it stays that way.

Driving to Mexico
By Mexico driver on 04/24/06 21:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car and left Detroit immediately, hoping there would be no issues which needed dealer attention. There were none. I enjoyed the drive to Mexico with it. It is so spacious. It has good pick up when passing. The seats are comfortable. I got excellent gas mileage on the highway, sometimes exceeding 28 mpg on the flat road conditions in Texas and Arizona.

Great Van, No Problems at all
By Midcoast Mainiac on 03/31/06 13:21 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We Love our new Grand Caravan. With the stow and go seats, DVD player, the power sliding doors and tailgate, the big 3.8 liter engine, alloy wheels, and so many other features, what is not to like? Lower cost than anything foreign, and the foreign vans are not as well rated by the people who own them. The so called "Experts" apparently don't know their rumps from a hole in the ground. Maintenance is cheap, $22 for a 3,000 mi checkup. My old Caravan was "retired" with 206,000 miles. Never did anything to it but change oil, filters, brake pads, tires, the usual stuff. Same exhaust system when retired, never was replaced. Note to Chrysler, Keep em coming, don't change a thing!!!!!

Great Van!
By Mike in PA on 02/24/06 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We moved into this van from a 200 Chevy Venture WB Edition. This is by far a better van. It is ultra-roomy and the seats are very comfortable. The new options for 2006 are a big plus. I love the Stow n' Go seating, and the tailgateing seat feature of the third row will make drives ins a comfortable experience. I highly recommend this van. We drove the Freestar and Sienna and this van was better in size, and overall drive quality.

Some quirks
By Sandi on 02/23/06 21:52 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Drives well. Love the Stow N Go. Power doors sometimes will not respond not enough so the dealer would think I was not crazy. Cup holders placed on sides of seats where kids can forget them and step on them thus breaking them. Floorboard creaks a bit,squeeks..whatever. The carpet in 3rd row actually looks bowed down a bit as if giving. But it drives and handles well.

Awesome Vehicle
By Andy Stebbing on 02/15/06 21:57 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan gets 24 mpg, is flex fuel, 3.8 v 6 for power, 16 inch tires for snow, mud while hunting, dvd for the kids.

Growing Family
By John on 12/29/05 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wow, what an upgrade from our SUV. This is out first minivan and Diamler vehicle. We looked at the Odessey, Sienna and Venture and felt the Dodge Grand Caravan offered more features per dollar than any of its competitors. We have a growing family and this car caters to our three children with space galore. We'd buy another one in a heart beat. Also the $3,500 cash back was nice.

Wanted an SUV -- sold on this minivan
By Hawaii Ohana on 11/26/05 22:50 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After years of SUV ownership due to large family size, I went to trade into a new SUV with all the huge rebates and literally stumbled upon this minivan. The color (Inferno Red) caught our attention, and as the dealership was out of not only 2005 SUvs, but 2005 everythings went for a test drive. Still got an excellent price and was able to trade out of TWO cars I was "upside down" thanks to late night, weekend shopping and a hungry salesman. I cannot believe I have never owned a Chrysler product before! The fit and finish is excellent. My neighbor just laid out almost $40K for an Odyssey with no power liftgate, stow and go seats, and only leather and a DVD more than my van. I paid $22K.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.