2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews 4

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Dependable Van many miles to come....
By Family man on 07/19/08 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van for vacation & winded up loving it. I drive 2000+ miles a month with my job now and really enjoy the van. Have all the comfort features like leather,dvd, power everything as well. We come from sports cars but like luxury and this van has it all for us. Not the sports car feel but still has power to merge into traffic and get a jump at the stop light if need be w/out any problems. I would buy again & yes, Dodge treats us well. We've owned 21 vehicles in 12 years and we've had this 1 the longest. Kids really enjoy it as well as they have lots of room. No real problems other then rack & pinion went out. Dealer took car of it. Best mpg 29.8 worst 18, Mobile 1 syn. oil helps.

I like the van!
By Cathy on 06/11/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my van now for two years and have LOVED every minute of it. It great on trips, roomy, comfortable, easy to handle. I am now, after almost 2 years to the date, running into small problems. Air conditioning blows hot air, water pump is leaking and window motor needs to be replaced. It's all under warranty. So far, it's been great. It will be interesting to see what happens after the warranty. I hope it holds up.

Best van on the road.
By Rick on 05/23/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our 2002 Grand Caravan for the 2006 Grand Caravan. We were very pleased with the '02 but this van with its Stow n Go seating is far superior. The seats work easily. If you do not have Stow n Go you will be amazed how frequently you use them. We use them every day. easy to use and can fold all seats within a minute. Have not had any major problems with the van at all. The van has made three trips to Florida and South Carolina (from NJ) and it is very comfortable. The storage wells for the middle row seats make a great storage area for snacks and things. There really is a lot of room in this van. Rides like a Cadillac on the highway. Easy to drive with great visibility.

Please don't buy
By Stephanie Medlin on 05/05/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van brand new. We purchased an extended warranty also. I have had continuous problems starting at about 18,000 with stalling. I had to take it in over 6 times only to be told nothing is registering on the computer. After the 6th time, the fuel pump was replaced. Now, again, we are having stalling problems only to be told nothing is registering and it can't be duplicated. Gas mileage horrible. It also: has problems with front brakes, grinding sound turning and reverse, a loud noise on hard right turns. And, nothing is wrong with any of these items according to the dealerships. Huge safety hazard

One Awesome Van
By John Christiansen on 04/20/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van in early of 2006 and know wile I am writing this my family and I have put a little over 40,000 miles on the van. It has been great it has not given us a lick of trouble since day one. The thing gets on average 23 to 24 mpg and close to 26 if we do nothing but highway. I guess the K&N air filter helps with that and i would recommend that air filter to anybody who has this van as it does, not only help out fuel mileage, but also gives the 3.8 a tad but more power. My family and I are very happy with this van, the room in this thing is great and the way gas is going up we won't get rid of this thing anytime soon.

Worst Van ever
By kialover15 on 02/09/08 13:24 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Back in July of 2006, we bought a Dodge Grand Caravan, dumb move, it was terrible, we hated it! The ride was rough, seats were uncomfortable, visibility was awful, and we only got an average of about 13 mpg! Not good enough with these soaring gas prices. So after 13 months, we traded it in for a Kia Rondo, much much better.

minivan
By soldiers_wife on 01/24/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

1 mo after buying this van we started having problems w/ it the transmission was slipping i took 2to a dealership about 6 times having them tell me nothing was wrong my husband came home from Iraq and all of sudden they found the problem and fixed it by overhauling the transmission 3 weeks later it was doing the same thing we traded it in after that

PictureX
By wheel72 on 01/27/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Good vision from front seats. Easy to maintain, through out. Handling is fun and easy to manouver. Front wheels tend to slip easy on wet pavement, especially on move out from stop. I put special traction tires on front that helps sliping a lot. 3rd row seats are uncomfortable for long rides, tilt back excessive. Smooth shifting. storage space is good.

Gas Mileage Deceptive
By TexasDodge on 12/28/06 13:16 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Unfortunately, we bought this vehicle because it was to get 19-25/26 mpg. Despite cross country trips, clean air filter, proper tire pressure, calm driving etc, we can't get over 15 mpg. Do not buy this vehicle. Otherwise, the vehicle is fine.

2006 Dodge Grand Catavan SXT
By 1997Montez34 on 12/20/06 17:45 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We leased a 2005 model and loved it, so when our lease was up we decided to get a new Dodge Grand Caravan. We looked at the '07, but the '06 was the same and we got a great deal on a leftover '06. This is the perfect vehicle for a family with children. The Stow 'N Go seats are the absolute best! I can go from passenger van to cargo van in a minute.