Used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

great van man
By KELVIN Maull

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never had aproblem and i bought it used low cost of ownership overall great investment.

It is not terrible, but not good.
By Wade D.

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van is really not that terrible. It does have it's faults. I am going to list the issues we currently have as of 120k miles: 2 broken locks, door trim has fallen off, terrible squeaking noise, A/C broke 3 times, heating won't work, cup holder has fallen off the seat, rear windshield wiper won't work, and the van "screams" when it goes through puddles. The suspension is way too bouncy and harsh for my liking. When you go over a bump, it feels like a roller coaster. The van has slowly died over it's time and is starting to fall apart. We are planning on getting a Nissan Rogue, Jeep Patriot, Ford Escape, etc for the next car. The workmanship of this vehicle is not really that great. It truly isn't a terrible van, it just has a few significant faults.

30,000 miles and problems not covered!!!
By neverdodge1

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My friends warned me about Chrysler products, but I ignored them. BOY, I was wrong, at 30,000 miles steering was vibrating intensely when cold accompanied by a loud whine. The dealer and Dodge online said tough luck, you bought a lemon and this is the power steering reservoir clogged, a cheap fix. Before considering buying a Chrysler product, you have to ask yourself what kind of car manufacturer screws up power steering. One that ENGINEERS their products to FAIL.

I never owned a vehicle with a power steering problem except for the 2 Caravans I bought. I not own this one when the trans fails, and it will, like the other Caravan I owned. I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT.

It would be great if it wasn't engineered to FAIL and need continuously be serviced to keep running.

Stand behind your products and stop engineering your vehicles to FAIL.

This van is the bomb!
By gail39

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've purchased this van brand new in 2006. It has over 117,000 miles in it! Other than the interior cosmetic issues such as flimsy cup holders and shortage on the automatic windows and lights in the front- in terms of its reliability, it's great as it has never left us stranded anywhere we've been! My kids grew up riding in it and we have all loved it! No transmission or engine issues so far! We're hoping to another 100,000 miles in it!

FINALLY DONE WITH CHRYSLER
By bellguy

Bought this van new in 2005, has
been a great hauler for grandkids and big stuff.
In 80000 miles, it went thru 3 sets of front brakes and 2 sets of rear brakes, the original tires lasted 28000 miles. Cooer GS4 have lasted 52000 mi. in the last year the sliding doors have decided to rust on the bottom and the rear fender wells have also started. The 3.8 motor has used a quart of oil every 1500 miles since 47000 mi. replaced the turn signal switch 2 times. Final thing the driver side spring broke the other day, never had a car do that. very dangerous. with the rust not sure it's worth repairing. Worst of 4 vans.

Sto n go, most comfortable seats I have ever had, actually the only 2 reasons to ever buy this van. The rest is quite mundane!

Pay the same attention to quality as the Japanese manufacturers . I see many Honda and Toyota Vans on the road with a lot more miles in much better condition. Next van will be a Toyota, already have a Toyota Venza and love it.