Used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

great mini van
By marti5

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Caravan brand new in 06. I now have 108,000 on it. I have just replaced the radiator and a water pump about 10,000 miles ago. We had to change a sensor out at about 90,000 miles. Other than those things this van has been great. Stow and go seating is awesome. I have never been stranded in this vehicle. You will always have to replace some parts here and there but I know this caravan has many more miles to go.

Stow and go seating

Reliable Van
By Domestic Diva

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Had this van since 35k miles, now has 89k miles. It has been a very reliable van for our family. middle and 3rd row seats aren't as comfortable as i would like (I think it's b/c they have to fold flat into the floor). Love that they fold flat, makes it a very multipurpose vehicle (can hold lots of "stuff" or people or both). Brakes were replaced but they still squeak, more of a brake manuf. issue than a Dodge issue. Had a Chevrolet Uplander before this van and the Uplander was ALWAYS in the shop for something. Have been really pleased with the Dodge Grand Caravan's reliability; plan to keep it for a long time.

love the storage compartments everywhere

more comfortable stow and go seating.

MINE WAS JUST TOTALED AND I'M MISSING IT
By Holly

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Grand Caravan met an ungrand ending a few days ago (we were hit) and I'm already searching the net for it's twinkie. It was by far the best, most reliable "car" I've driven. My only complaint would be that a sensor went out around 50,000 that would not allow one of the side doors to close with the click of the auto key. It was $350 to fix, so we made due and got used to it. I also had a problem with the turn signal that would not work, it was covered under warranty. We have five children and really liked the stowing capacity. It was also very comfortable for long trips. (I say that as a driver. 3rd seats not as comfy - but that is true with most vans.)

Extra foot of van length - makes for more leg room for tall teens. Comfy seats. The way it shifts and brakes - make driving fun. :)

Make the plastic fittings for the stow n' go stronger and mats that fit around them with better coverage. We have a lot of kids piling in and out and our (at 75,000) were just beginning to crack. I would also like to see a permanent drink/purse/CD console fixture next to the driver seat.

Disappointed
By Nancy

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new and within the first year the driver side sliding door mechanism broke and wasn't covered under warranty. Year 2 the air conditioner stopped working and air bag light came on and has perpetually been on since (no one cn figure out what's wrong with it)and year 3 it's been in the shop 3 times; brakes replaced, broken water pump and bad EGR valve. It's so disappointing to have such a popular and common vehicle have so many issues.

stow and go seats

maybe it was just a lemon but I see from another review someone else had similar issues with this model year.

Bought It Used, Feels Like New
By Florida Dude

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got it as from a dealer who bought it at a fleet auction. Former rental. Changed oil, and that's it. Had it for about 10,000 miles now with no problems whatsoever. The Stow 'N Go space versatility is tremendous, with nothing really comparable in the market. ALL THE SEATS FOLD FLAT INTO THE FLOOR. I had a 1995 Caravan and I almost killed myself moving those seats in and out for when I needed to carry stuff. I swore I'd never buy another minivan until all the seats folded into the floor. Abacadabra!

Stow 'N Go Stow 'N Go Stow 'N Go

Gas mileage is ugh. Less than 20 mpg if you drive in any type of stop and go traffic.