2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
great mini van
By marti5 on 04/18/12 06:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Caravan brand new in 06. I now have 108,000 on it. I have just replaced the radiator and a water pump about 10,000 miles ago. We had to change a sensor out at about 90,000 miles. Other than those things this van has been great. Stow and go seating is awesome. I have never been stranded in this vehicle. You will always have to replace some parts here and there but I know this caravan has many more miles to go.

Reliable Van
By Domestic Diva on 08/15/10 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Had this van since 35k miles, now has 89k miles. It has been a very reliable van for our family. middle and 3rd row seats aren't as comfortable as i would like (I think it's b/c they have to fold flat into the floor). Love that they fold flat, makes it a very multipurpose vehicle (can hold lots of "stuff" or people or both). Brakes were replaced but they still squeak, more of a brake manuf. issue than a Dodge issue. Had a Chevrolet Uplander before this van and the Uplander was ALWAYS in the shop for something. Have been really pleased with the Dodge Grand Caravan's reliability; plan to keep it for a long time.

MINE WAS JUST TOTALED AND I'M MISSING IT
By Holly on 11/12/09 11:28 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Grand Caravan met an ungrand ending a few days ago (we were hit) and I'm already searching the net for it's twinkie. It was by far the best, most reliable "car" I've driven. My only complaint would be that a sensor went out around 50,000 that would not allow one of the side doors to close with the click of the auto key. It was $350 to fix, so we made due and got used to it. I also had a problem with the turn signal that would not work, it was covered under warranty. We have five children and really liked the stowing capacity. It was also very comfortable for long trips. (I say that as a driver. 3rd seats not as comfy - but that is true with most vans.)

Disappointed
By Nancy on 11/02/09 19:26 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new and within the first year the driver side sliding door mechanism broke and wasn't covered under warranty. Year 2 the air conditioner stopped working and air bag light came on and has perpetually been on since (no one cn figure out what's wrong with it)and year 3 it's been in the shop 3 times; brakes replaced, broken water pump and bad EGR valve. It's so disappointing to have such a popular and common vehicle have so many issues.

Bought It Used, Feels Like New
By Florida Dude on 04/02/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got it as from a dealer who bought it at a fleet auction. Former rental. Changed oil, and that's it. Had it for about 10,000 miles now with no problems whatsoever. The Stow 'N Go space versatility is tremendous, with nothing really comparable in the market. ALL THE SEATS FOLD FLAT INTO THE FLOOR. I had a 1995 Caravan and I almost killed myself moving those seats in and out for when I needed to carry stuff. I swore I'd never buy another minivan until all the seats folded into the floor. Abacadabra!

Stow 'n Go
By mel_gibson_ on 01/11/09 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Dodge Caravan. First was a 1995 Dodge Caravan (SWB - 3.3L V6). I love the Stow 'n Go, which allows the both the 2nd and 3rd row seats to go into the floor, virtually creating a cargo van in 4 minutes. Great for my side business to carry a bunch of equipment. Also great to haul my friends for trips - whether they're short or long. The Stow 'n Go puts the vehicle in a class by itself. Yeah, stuff falls off, but it's the standard Dodge build quality - not great, but for the most most, it's nothing that prevents the engine from running. BTW, as others have noted, I've been a bit disappointed by the gas mileage (18 mpg mixed, 23 highway)

I like the van!
By Cathy on 06/11/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my van now for two years and have LOVED every minute of it. It great on trips, roomy, comfortable, easy to handle. I am now, after almost 2 years to the date, running into small problems. Air conditioning blows hot air, water pump is leaking and window motor needs to be replaced. It's all under warranty. So far, it's been great. It will be interesting to see what happens after the warranty. I hope it holds up.

Please don't buy
By Stephanie Medlin on 05/05/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van brand new. We purchased an extended warranty also. I have had continuous problems starting at about 18,000 with stalling. I had to take it in over 6 times only to be told nothing is registering on the computer. After the 6th time, the fuel pump was replaced. Now, again, we are having stalling problems only to be told nothing is registering and it can't be duplicated. Gas mileage horrible. It also: has problems with front brakes, grinding sound turning and reverse, a loud noise on hard right turns. And, nothing is wrong with any of these items according to the dealerships. Huge safety hazard

minivan
By soldiers_wife on 01/24/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

1 mo after buying this van we started having problems w/ it the transmission was slipping i took 2to a dealership about 6 times having them tell me nothing was wrong my husband came home from Iraq and all of sudden they found the problem and fixed it by overhauling the transmission 3 weeks later it was doing the same thing we traded it in after that

Gas Mileage Deceptive
By TexasDodge on 12/28/06 13:16 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Unfortunately, we bought this vehicle because it was to get 19-25/26 mpg. Despite cross country trips, clean air filter, proper tire pressure, calm driving etc, we can't get over 15 mpg. Do not buy this vehicle. Otherwise, the vehicle is fine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.