2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
This van is the bomb!
By gail39 on 04/07/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've purchased this van brand new in 2006. It has over 117,000 miles in it! Other than the interior cosmetic issues such as flimsy cup holders and shortage on the automatic windows and lights in the front- in terms of its reliability, it's great as it has never left us stranded anywhere we've been! My kids grew up riding in it and we have all loved it! No transmission or engine issues so far! We're hoping to another 100,000 miles in it!

FINALLY DONE WITH CHRYSLER
By bellguy on 12/15/13 13:35 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van new in 2005, has been a great hauler for grandkids and big stuff. In 80000 miles, it went thru 3 sets of front brakes and 2 sets of rear brakes, the original tires lasted 28000 miles. Cooer GS4 have lasted 52000 mi. in the last year the sliding doors have decided to rust on the bottom and the rear fender wells have also started. The 3.8 motor has used a quart of oil every 1500 miles since 47000 mi. replaced the turn signal switch 2 times. Final thing the driver side spring broke the other day, never had a car do that. very dangerous. with the rust not sure it's worth repairing. Worst of 4 vans.

Horrible Reliability - Never Buy Dodge Van
By dodgevanowner on 09/07/13 17:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but non-stop issues design flaws, poor quality and mfg'd parts, and multitude of issues. Interesting, when you talk to all the auto shops - which plz take the time to do, they tell you they see this EVERY day with Dodges. After 55k miles, transmission completely went out - which was a $3k repair, dealership would have been $5k. With less than 85k miles still - have already replaced the front left CV joint, replaced alternator, front passenger window regulator, passenger sliding door lock actuator, rear hatch lift gate assembly motor/arm and also shocks, oil pan seal, and more. Bottom line, Dodge vans are total POS and will never buy one again.

I should not have bought a dodge
By dodgesucks3 on 02/04/13 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 36,000 miles. It now has 44,000 . Both auto doors went out about a week apart. Lift gate will not stay open. Power driver seat stopped working. Breaks are way under sized for the weight of the vehicle and need to be replaced. I get a slight shutter and wine when turning. It was hard to start in the cold weather. I do like the stow n go seats but they are a but of a chore to stow them. The value for it has dropped so much that I cant even trade it in. No one wants it including me!

Rust badly!
By oh_mom on 07/07/12 21:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 2009 and started to rust badly around the wheel wells about a year later. It was still under warranty, so they repaired it, but it came back in the same place. They repaired it again and it came back yet again in the exact spot they "repaired." It is now out of warranty and the dealership won't return our calls. We contacted Chrysler and for the past 2 weeks, they have been "looking into it." The only other issue we have is that driver side passenger door sticks/jams upon opening. Overall, it seems to be mechanically solid. However, the rust issue is serious enough that we are looking at getting rid of it. And we will NEVER purchase a Chrysler product again.

Verrrry Unreliable
By rs2025 on 06/29/12 15:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my van with 88K miles for a 2012 Honda CRV. This was my 3rd Dodge van and Dodge should be embarrassed by the quality. I will no longer purchase a Chrysler product. Issues: Head gasket, Water pump, Steering rack (I was told I now need anther one) Valve covers needed new seals, Tie rods on both sides, Power side doors - one does not work and the other needs replacement motor, Air Conditioning - Dodge paid for part of the repair because issue was the design with mis-matched metals that causes leaks, Van is rusting and dealer repaired under warranty but not all rust issues, ignition harness, starter - I have no more space but more issues!!

great mini van
By marti5 on 04/18/12 06:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Caravan brand new in 06. I now have 108,000 on it. I have just replaced the radiator and a water pump about 10,000 miles ago. We had to change a sensor out at about 90,000 miles. Other than those things this van has been great. Stow and go seating is awesome. I have never been stranded in this vehicle. You will always have to replace some parts here and there but I know this caravan has many more miles to go.

Bad doors & whine will drive you crazy!
By PML1950 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Okay so the whine when I'm driving is what drives me the most crazy and it never seems to stop. The fact that every dodge caravan I've owned after about 80,000 miles the air conditioning stops working. The elec doors where to start, first one of the locks won't work with the key so you have to lock manually, then the other door the button on the inside won't open or close so if you remember which side works which way you're lucky. This is the second Dodge caravan and I won't purchase another. I'd rather a Honda or Toyota van, they have better reports from owners.

My dodge gran-caravan
By gran-caravan lover on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have 435,000 miles on my baby , going for 600,00 have had no problems with trans and motor but the electronics awful, have no int. lights sliders stop 3 yrs. ago have cut wires in the mec. that moves doors back and forth cont changing window lift mortors back wiper motor went out 4 yrs ago, yet I love this van so much I work out of her everyday and don't let anyone else drive it. I would buy another one if they would.

AC problems
By 09chgrrt on 09/05/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the vehicle used with 9000 miles. As soon as the warranty ran out we had a power steering fluid leak. An after warranty recall was done on the rear evaporator of the AC system and that unit was replaced. The dealer returned the vehicle last spring stating the system to be working. Summer came and the unit would not blow cold air. Now the front receiver dryer needs replacement to the tune of $489.54. If the rear evaporator was flawed then it is safe to say Dodge equipped this vehicle with an inferior quality AC system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.