Yes, I read the other reviews, but this van won't die!
By paulsnj on
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this van certified used in Jan of 2008 with 47,000 miles on the clock after my lovely 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited was wrecked parked in front of my house. So I gained Stow N' Go and Sirius radio in the dash but lost my leather seats and pimped out factory chrome spoke wheels. That being said, the trans had to be rebuilt and/or worked on three times the first two years, all under certified warranty and all I had to pay was one $100 copay. Since then, no issues at all except for a left power sliding door that works off and on, and a front end that badly needs a complete rebuild. I am on the original timing belt, shocks, and struts and just turned 175,000 miles.
Favorite Features
Comfortable power seat, in-dash Sirius, Stow N' Go, and the old school 3.8 V6 is a great motor, hope the new 3.6 V6 now offered has the same longevity!
Suggested Improvements
My wife has a 2009 GC with the same motor but with a six speed tranny. That pushes mileage on the highway up significantly, so that is the only aspect I can think of.