Nice features, but engine and tranny bad
By Brian on
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
The visible parts of the car are great. The body is good, the interior fit and finish is good, the "Stow 'n Go" is great, the engine is plenty powerful. I like the car for its features. Mechanically, I am extremely disappointed. There is a constant rubbing sound coming out of the front- left upper strut mount over even little bumps, the engine uses about 3.5 quarts of oil between oil changes (3000 miles), the transmission clunks (and the car jumps) when down-shifting when you take your foot off the gas. I have reported these issues numerous times, but the "factory rep" keeps telling me that they are within design specs and won't fix it. Give me a break! No more Dodges for me!
Favorite Features
Stow 'n' Go. Green LED in overhead console illuminates floor area at night. Nice ride. Nice Stereo (I have the Infinity), Steering wheel controls (Cruise and Stereo) are easy to use.
Suggested Improvements
The problems that I am having with mine are listed in numerous TSBs, but they are for the "Caravan", not the "Grand Caravan". They are for the same engine and transmission, so why don't they count. I have two 2005 Dodge vehicles and they both have problems. They need to get their act together!