2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Happy with my SXT

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Happy with my SXT
By swfeature on

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm happy with my GC SXT so far. I've put about 2500 miles on it to date and that includes a 500 RT mile trip to Maine. Acceleration for such a heavy van is very good. Comfortable seats. Smooth and surprisingly nimble to drive. Braking system is good and easy to handle even when stopping suddenly. My kids (4 & 7) are comfortable in the rear seats - no complaints. They like reclining for sleep. CD Stereo and A/C are good and easy to operate. I like the electronic doors and liftgate - my wife doesn't - so she uses them manually which is fine.

Favorite Features

Stow and Go seat feature is great. Power sliding doors and liftgate. Buttons on steering wheel. Cruise Control. Acceleration and engine power. Smooth quiet ride. Ability to control A/C in different areas of car.

Suggested Improvements

My mileage has been less than expected. I am checking it again on this tankful. I've heard it gets better as the van wears in - also, I have been using the AC regularly.