Do not purchase!!
By bestmommy on
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I was expecting our 4th child, so we need a van. By 38,000 miles we had put $2100 worth of work into our van. Some was "normal wear": brakes and 4 new tires. I have never had to put brakes and tires on a car before 50,000 miles. Usually closer to 75,000 for brakes. The front axle broke, the water pump cracked, the check engine light and the oil light repeatedly come on. It drinks oil like crazy. I have to replace about 3-4 quarts between oil changes (which we do every 3,000 miles). There are lots of "small" plastic items that have broken off inside of the van. I will not own a Dodge again.
Favorite Features
It is a comfortable van. My kids only complaint is the leg room in the back of the van. My 9 yr. old son is sometimes "squished" if we forget to pull the middle chair up towards the front.
Suggested Improvements
The plastic divider in between the two middle seats, on the floor needs redesigning. It was broken within 3 months. It covers part of the stow and go compartment. The seats could use more padding. Change the mechanical issues.