2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Can't ask much more

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Can't ask much more
By Minnesota bound on

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a lease return with 22,000 miles on it. It drives and looks like a new vehicle. I had some concerns about gas mileage, but I get about 18 in town and almost 25 on the highway and that's with the 3.8L. It has plenty of power for almost every situation. The handling has been very good on both dry and wet roads. I haven't driven it in the snow yet. The interior, gauges, and controls seem well thought out. The Stow-n-Go seating is miles above my old Aerostar's with it's 80 lb seats. This has the premium sound system and it's as good as my home stereo. I researched this vehicle before buying it and it has had no problems. I'm quite impressed so far.

Favorite Features

Stow-n-Go seating, good performance and mileage, great sound and video system, comfortable ride, and radio and CD/DVD controls on the back of the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The OEM tires are average at best. The third row center headrest can obscure vision to the rear.