2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
I like the new features
By brandysc on 03/29/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a few cars in the last few years.( Saturn, Neon, and a Windstar) None of these compare to the features of the Grand Caravan. We got the vehicle used but has almost brand new interior and exterior. I really like the DVD player, and stow and go seating.. I think this will make it much easier to travel to visit family and friends.

I want to like it, but...
By dodgeball2 on 03/12/06 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the concept of this vehicle, with stow n go and dvd player, etc. But unfortunately I have had many serious problems with this car failing on me. Repeated jump starts, etc. Not to mention the car turning off while driving - and in serious situations like expressway driving. Maybe this one is a dud, but I would be happy to leave a better rating once I have a more reliable car and a safe one for myself and two toddlers.

What is a lemon?
By Jon on 03/11/06 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van with the stow-n-go seating and the next day went on a 3000 mile trip. Other than the A/C draining into the passenger compartment, we truly enjoyed our new van. By 6000 miles the belt had to be changed. By 9000 the rack and pinion had to be replaced. 10000 and part of the Emission system was replaced. Sounds as if a U-joint is clicking and a thump in the front end. When will it stop?? We no longer trust the van. Would you??

Great Value
By Mike B on 03/08/06 06:31 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for the price. Very roomy and comfortable. I've had to take it in for some minor warranty work (dvd player malfunction and a dead battery) which was disappointing, but no MAJOR problems. I'm 6'4 and fit comfortably in the driver's seat. My wife is 5'3 and also fits comfortably (we have power driver seat). I have not regretted our purchase of this vehicle.

Love it
By CJ on 03/05/06 00:38 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. It's got a 3.8L and it's powerful. Drives like a car, unlike my 96 Ford Aerostar. The stow-n-go seats are so easy to use and so versatile. The kiddos love the DVD and I do, too, as long as it's not Son of the Mask playing. We took it on a trip from Phoenix to Yellowstone one month after buying and it did great. Very comfy. Got 23 mpg on the trip, but only get 19 mpg normally. The rear air is a godsend here in Phoenix.

SXT Grand Caravan
By caravan sxt on 02/13/06 08:56 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Grand Caravan SXT is a quality van from the beginning . The moment you open the door to enter until you close the door to exit. Truly a joy to drive, almost too comfortable, almost... Thank you Dodge for another quality vehicle.

Nice update
By bhosken on 01/27/06 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We previously owned a 1995 Grand Caravan and because of the great reliability we had and the comfortable drive it provided we decided to stay with this for our next van. We love the features included on the SXT and find Stow and Go indespensible already.

Pawpawmac's
By pawpawmac on 01/25/06 21:52 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

More comfortable than other minivans, roomier. Powerful 218 engine reacts quickly. Great for hauling smal loads and plywood w/ fold-down-seats. Adjustable roof rack very handy for ladders, trunks and the like. Full control for normal city driving.

Bob's Review
By MAURICE R MILLER JR on 01/21/06 21:04 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The first two thousand miles we had tire monitor problems, engine vibration at idle and windshield delaminating. All of the discrepancies were corrected by the dealer with no hassle. Since then, the van has been doing fine and think it will do as well as other makes.

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
By Tom on 01/16/06 10:23 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a very good vehicle. Ownership has been very positive especially getting service from my dealer. Great vehicle for long distance trips and driving. I especially love the fold-n-go seating!