2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews 16

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
THE RIGHT MINIVAN
By GRYMDSNPPR on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH MY 2004 GRAND CARAVAN SE. REMOVING THE SEATS WAS THE ONLY REAL INCONVIENCE. WHEN I SAW THE ON LINE ADDS FOR 2005 WITH STOW & GO SEATING I HAD TO SEE IT. i BOUGHT ONE VERY SOON AFTER SEEING ONE FOR THE FIRST TIME. MY OLD VAN ONLY HAD 58,000 MILES. A BABY BY MY STANDARDS. I USUALLY RUN MY VEHICLES 150,000 TOO 200,000+ MILES BEFORE CHANGING. THE STOW AND GO SEATS HAVE BEEN JUST WHAT I NEEDED. THE VAN HAS BEEN TROUBLE FREE SO FAR. MY FORTH CHRYSLER BRAND MINIVAN AND THE BEST SO FAR. THE LAST ONE WAS VERTUALLY TROUBLE FREE.

ATTN: Muffler issue on Stow n Go Models
By Sri_apr_2004 on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Not a good design.Getting annoying noise from Muffler at certain RPM(30- 40Mph typically). Dealer agrees it is design issue with stow N go seating models. Spoke to Crysler customer support department, unexpectedly Very Very POOR response. They said, they won't do anything about it and told me do whatever you can. My car has about 1500 miles and only 2 months old. I started noticing this after 750 miles. I am not at all satisfied with Crysler. This is not my first car, this is my 5th vehicle that I bought.

Love It
By thumperl on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Only had the van 2 months but just love the sto and go seats, Have the back up option and all the other bells and whistles I could get. Would recommend highly. The only thing that could be changed is the electric passenger seat should have as many adjustments as the driver seat.The more I drive the better the gas milage gets. It is just great.

4th minivan
By Hemi on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

By far the best we have owned. Chrysler finaly hit the home run with the stow and go seating. We liked our Pontiac Montana but the intake manifold gaskets started leaking radiator fluid into the engine at 62,000 miles and so it was time to consider another van or very costly repairs and we returned to Dodge for the third time. S0, the SXT looks like we are in for some fun from everything from the seating to the power liftgate and the 3.8 engine. Go for it!

A great family car
By Nick H on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great family car. We had it for about a week and I can't believe how perfect it fits into our lifestyle. With all the storage and room inside we can fit our kids and there toys as well as go grocery shopping and still have enough room for anything else. Definitely suggest getting the SXT model with the DVD player because the kids have never been so quiet on a trip. It also feels like your driving a luxury sedan its so smooth to drive and the outside noise is virtually eliminated. Great family car.

We could not be happier
By smilingbrownbear on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have now owned this vehicle for just over three months. It is as good as the other reviewers have mentioned. Looks great, rides great, reasonably priced. Love the power liftgate! Excellent storage area, including underneath seats. Seats are very comfortable. We are very satisfied with the vehicle and the complete buying experience with our local Dodge dealership.

Grand Caravan SXT
By ponypwr on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT. Love the Stow and Go, and for the price, nothing can touch this van. The DVD is great and we really like the storage console between the seats. This is our fifth minivan, and the best yet.

Kids Love the Rear Seat Video!
By boblor3 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Dodge continues their excellence with the 2005 Grand Caravan. It's a joy to drive this vehicle. The kids love the rear seat video . . . they have never been so quiet on trips, short or long! The automatic side doors and rear hatch are way cool! We like the Butane Blue we got (almost got Inferno Red), but the other available colors are a bit blaw.

Best so FAR
By Killo on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great van. Love it. Stow and Go seats is the best feauture. Had few vans in a past and this one is the best.

A must buy
By Art1 on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had it for a few weeks, but if you are looking for an all around family car and light work truck, you found it in this minivan. I was never a minivan person, but after buying this one I am now.