Used 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan CV Minivan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

A no hassle & dependable vehicle
By Rick

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Grand Caravan. My first was about the same as the second; great. I bought this one used with 80,000 miles and have put on 55,000 trouble free miles. Totally dependable, comfortable, and so utilitarian. I can go from hauling 20 bags of concrete to hauling 6 passengers in about 1 minute. I can put the middle seats in the floor and cart 7' tall basketball players around in comfort! I have never had such a versatile car. A full sheet of sheetrock slides right into the back!

I discovered with this car that the tires are really important. I am running Goodyear Vivas (from Walmart around 75$ each) and they make SUCH a difference. Much quieter, smoother, and good in all types of conditions.

Piece of junk left me stranded twice!!!!!!!!!
By _caravanssuck

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Never buy this vehicle it is unreliable and not worth your money... Very frustrating.

Better than the base model
By jkm

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Caravan 98, destoyed in a crash. So i went shopping and ended up the 2005 Grand, when I compared the "new " base van to my old 98, the 98 was less tinny and a better drive. have had this three days, feels solid and strong, think I am going to miss my old van less. best new feature? The redesigned cup holder that does not drop coffee cup, and air vents in the back for the dogs.new sound system is also great. My old van purred, but this one is even quieter! I bougth it with 30,000 miles and only a few months left on the warrenty, $15000 plus fees. think i did good

New cup holders, air vents in the back

Time to improve the gas mileage!