Used 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Town and Country - Touring
By Don Leeger

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the vehicle very much. The AWD is fantastic. I was disappointed when I ordered the towing package that didn't come with a hitch! I would really like the fold-in-the-floor seats as I very often have them (or some) removed. My wife and I use the vehicle for our favorite sports of camping near a river where we can canoe. The fold up seats would make the shuttles easier. Presently your fold-in-the-floor seats prohibit AWD and if anything I would like more ground clearance. Yes, an SUV would be great but I also like the space to carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood. There are times when we spread out our sleeping bags on the floor.

AWD, Power Doors and Rear Hatch. Roof rack after I installed Yakama system for carrying my canoes.

Supply a hitch with towing package! Include more/larger nooks & cranies. My 1997 grand Caravan had more space in the drawer under the passenger seat and more space behind the rear seat. Of course, improved gas mileage would be appreciated. I do get the rated gas mileage.

Prior Caravan Owner
By ednurse

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I love our Grand Caravan SXT, Its the fourth van that we have owned. Our last van was a Voyeger and it was nothing but trouble. We have had good luck with the Caravan's that we have bought so far. The room in the back is great for traveling and the seats are easy to fold for cargo. The only thing I wanted was the fold down DVD entertainment system but its not worth the price. I was interested in buying the Toyota Sienna but could not get use to the placement of the shift, also Dodge had a much better rebate.

favorite features are the 8 was power driver seats, fold down rear and middle seats and trip computer.

For the price of this van Dodge needs to up the interior quality, way to much plastic. Free entertainment systems would be nice, and better fuel milage.

wow
By bob w

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

the only thing missing is for down seats and low and behold they added them for 2005 might be buying an 05 soon

driveability !!!

hide away seating

2004 Dodge Gran Caravan
By phill

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice driving feel, very responsive. The ease of entry into vehicle is a plus and the vehicle is very rooming for having 4 teenagers and 1 other child in the family.

I like the comfortible seating and roomminess. Also like the stereo system with it's identification tracking of artist, station and song.

If the seats could fold into the car, it would be helpful. I also would like a compass on the display panel.

Great Minivan!
By BillG123

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have to admit that I researched Consumer Reports and based on their recommendation I looked at the Toyota, Honda, and Nissan without giving this vehicle a chance at first. I then decided not to limit my options and tried the Dodge. The Dodge Grand Caravan SXT has a smooth and quiet ride that matches the Toyota and is better by a large margin over the noisy Honda and rattle prone Nissan. A powerful engine that gets excellent gas mileage (I'm averaging 21+ MPG). The SXT is also fully loaded with all the options - including dual power sliding doors. As an added bonus we purchased this van at a great price!

Smooth ride, powerful engine, dual power sliding doors.

Locking seatbelts for child seats.