Used 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

SATISFIED USER
By R. Kurtz

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

THIS IS MY 5TH CHRYSLER MINIVAN: 3 PLYMOUTHS, 1 DODGE, AND NOW A T&C. ALL HAVE BEEN RELIABLE WITH MINIMUM PROBLEMS. DEALER IS ABOVE AVERAGE IN SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

Favorite Features

Interior space; comfortable, especially on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Am looking forward to (perhaps) buying a 2005, with the fold under seats, though I'm concerned if these sacrifice comfort.

Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
By LaCerra

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far this vehicle has been reliable and very capable of holding up to a very active family's demanding schedule. There's plenty of room for all the things that need to go with you; strollers, toys, etc.

Favorite Features

We enjoy the power sliding doors and liftgate. They're convenient when you are carrying a child and/or "other stuff" and don't have afree hand to grab the door handle.

Suggested Improvements

remote starter

Town and Country - Touring
By Don Leeger

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the vehicle very much. The AWD is fantastic. I was disappointed when I ordered the towing package that didn't come with a hitch! I would really like the fold-in-the-floor seats as I very often have them (or some) removed. My wife and I use the vehicle for our favorite sports of camping near a river where we can canoe. The fold up seats would make the shuttles easier. Presently your fold-in-the-floor seats prohibit AWD and if anything I would like more ground clearance. Yes, an SUV would be great but I also like the space to carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood. There are times when we spread out our sleeping bags on the floor.

Favorite Features

AWD, Power Doors and Rear Hatch. Roof rack after I installed Yakama system for carrying my canoes.

Suggested Improvements

Supply a hitch with towing package! Include more/larger nooks & cranies. My 1997 grand Caravan had more space in the drawer under the passenger seat and more space behind the rear seat. Of course, improved gas mileage would be appreciated. I do get the rated gas mileage.

FAIR
By sc4880

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After I purchased, I was disappointed in the van proformance.

Prior Caravan Owner
By ednurse

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I love our Grand Caravan SXT, Its the fourth van that we have owned. Our last van was a Voyeger and it was nothing but trouble. We have had good luck with the Caravan's that we have bought so far. The room in the back is great for traveling and the seats are easy to fold for cargo. The only thing I wanted was the fold down DVD entertainment system but its not worth the price. I was interested in buying the Toyota Sienna but could not get use to the placement of the shift, also Dodge had a much better rebate.

Favorite Features

favorite features are the 8 was power driver seats, fold down rear and middle seats and trip computer.

Suggested Improvements

For the price of this van Dodge needs to up the interior quality, way to much plastic. Free entertainment systems would be nice, and better fuel milage.