Used 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Proud New First Time Owners of a Minivan
By Sissy1235

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We just recently bought our van used and we are so much enjoying it. The ride is so smooth unlike you think for a minivan. This is my first minivan to own and I will probably own another one when the time comes. So easy to get kids in and out of the back! I love that is is very spacious. We can't wait to take it on a long road trip.

Favorite Features

I love the rear air control, the double sliding back doors, and just the overall comfort of this van!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would have to say here is maybe it could be a little less noisey. Other then that no complaints this far.

My Red Van
By LinMort

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this van from Phoenix to LA, Vegas severial times, I have never been tired when I got to where I was going, when I made the same trip with a car I was always tired, almost like jet lag. I do feel that this van is very comfortable, and most of all I do feel safe in it. This is my second new one.

Favorite Features

Being a little higher than most cars, and the smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

Woops can't think of any.

Dream Car
By D. A. Anderson

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Prior to this vehicle I had a 2001 Lincoln, Touring Sedan, Town Car. The Dodge Grand Carvan is far superior in all categories, leg room, passenger comfort, ride and driving. I now have two of these vehicles and love them. Over the years I have had numerous Lincolns and Cadillacs and with their downsizing since 1998 have made them unacceptable for my use. This Dodge fills the desires of a good size, comfortable, safe, fun to drive vehicle for me and my family.

Favorite Features

Ride and driving comfort. Convient conversion to large cargo space, reliability and dealer service.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage.

Great car- 1 year ripe
By stonewt

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a like riding on air. The drive and handling is so smooth. Would like some extra oomph in hard excelleration, (but its a minivan) and have had fit and finnish problems. Had to take it to the overstaffed dealer to replace a weather strip on the top after a week. The dealer sent me to a bodyshop which looked at the strip that came off, and called the DEALER to order the part which would take 2 wks to arrive (we didnt get to pick the part up. The piece eventualy drove us mad so a more helpful service man stuck some doulble sided tape on and fixed the problem.....

Favorite Features

The stereo is very good, and the seats are just ungodly comfy. The three zone climate control is a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

This car has fit and finnish problems, the 05 is definitly a better value (learning to hate the akward removable seats)

Perfect
By Simonsays

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We are a family of 7. We love our van It's quality is perfect!!!! More spacious than our last van. Driving it is way better than expected. When we test drove it, I fell in love. I didn't want to leave w/out it. We picked it up 2 days later. I am 150% satisfied with our Grand caravan & would reccommend it to any family looking.

Favorite Features

keyyless entry is one of our favorite features, safety too! The kids love to operate the buttons to open & close the doors & there's a lesser chance the door will slam on them, not like our OLD van.

Suggested Improvements

At this point in time I can't think of any improvements.