2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Critical missing specification
By Sabiers on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing that is important to the buyer of a cargo carring vehicle is the interior size of the biggest box I can put into its cargo space: Length, width and height. Please add in the future. Incidentally, if it does not have a minimum of 4 foot width in the cargo space, it is not considered as a vehicle useful to one needing to haul anything other than small vacation, grocery or household items.

not too shabby
By Robert H on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT Anniversary Edition Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only van you can compare the Anniversary Edition to is the Toyota XLE Limited, which actually cost a few bucks more. Have had the car for 3 months, it has been perfect so far. I already have 7000 miles and is still running strong.Haven't had any tranny or engine probs. Would recommend to anyone who wants a van.

Less than Pacifica, but best of the vans
By C. Paske on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This car is smoother than '04 Sienna & MUCH quieter than the Honda Oddity. (But not as quality as the Navigator, Pacifica, or Lexus.) Very versatile,and therefore quite addictive. Highway manners are stable& predictable. Styling is nice; fit & finish - excellent. The feel is quality; but the look is boring. A dependable work van; able to trudge through snow & muddy construction sites with ease.

2004 G Caravan SXT AWD
By Derek J on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 1st GC but 3rd Chrysler van. Previously owned 2 G Voyagers. They just keep getting better. None of the vans ever gave me trouble. This one is loaded -AWD, all leather, infrared heating system, infiniti sound system. Looked at SUV's but other than a big Suburban no one can give you the space, versatility, & room w/o paying the price for gas. It is very comfortable & much more quieter than previous vans. Who could refuse the rebates?

Enjoyable
By Phred24 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Caravan and they just seem to keep getting better and better. Easy to drive. Easy to get in and out of. Easy to maintain. Seem's as though the engineer's work hard and take heed to the consumer on what we look for.

Great Van
By Lcainesjr on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

If you have kids a minivan is a must. I choose this van because I think other mini vans are made for small people. I am 6'5 and the van fits me great. Kids love it and even when I have my seat adjusted my son has plenty of room.

Why I keep buying Chrysler
By robert gill on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

As near perfect as one can want in driving behavior comfort appearance and performance. I prefer it to my BMW 5 series on both long and short journeys. This is the third model I have owned and purchsed new. I found the much vaunted Toyota Sienna to be a copy without the solid feel or the acceleration of the Chrysler product.

Solid - Great Value
By MrRetail2 on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Compared Many makes and models and kept coming back to the Dodge Grand Caravan. After having a Ford Windstar - since '96 - I did not want to go the Ford Route again. The creature comforts are many on the Dodge and the ride is excellent. The only option we did not get was the leather interior & DVD. The 6 CD in dash puts out great sound and the Sun Roof will be a nice feature when the weather get warmer. Dealer was discounting heavily and the Rebates made it a bargain compared to the other mini-vans. We ended up almost 8 thousand under sticker!

The best of the best!
By TwoLayDbugs on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

We absolutely love the Dodge Grand Caravan!! We have the SXT Anniversary edition. It has tons of room and our daughter loves the DVD entertainment system! It handles fabulously in snow and rain, as well as dry road conditions. We really like the power doors and power rear lift gate -- it's a blessing when trying to get an infant into the car with all of the baby gear, too! We've gushed to our family and friends about our new vehicle and a few of them have gone out and purchased one for themselves!!

Dodge
By Dave Newton on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van has all the features to make any trip relaxing. Low road noise and very stable handling with great pickup when passing. Would reommend this van to anyone