2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Great Buy, Excellent Features.
By Platinum Buyer on 03/02/07 13:22 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT Anniversary Edition Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great van. I extended the warranty on my van when we brought it because it was used and had 5,000 miles on it. I have brought it in for some engine and transmission issues but thank goodness it was under warranty still a little concerning for a relatively new car. My advice if you intend to keep any vehicle past 3 years get the extended warranty. At least it is a good resale feature.

Great Van BUT...
By carolinagirl2579 on 01/16/06 15:33 PM (PST)

I really love this van and until two months ago would have recommended it to anyone. My van is the ultimate road-trip vehicle but in two months, has been in the dealership for repairs to the ENGINE twice! I think for the money its a great vehicle, even though it doesn't have as much interior room as the new Hondas and Toyotas but I'm wondering how long its going to last. As a high mileage driver, I'm feeling like it isn't made well enough to stand up to the pressure. Also, Dodge could have used decent quality trim materials inside but again, for the price its a fantastic van. Still worried about the engine and its "issues".

Nice
By jagfan on 08/16/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

I am very pleased to date with our Caravan. The DVD system with the remote headphones is a blessing on long drives. Had one problem with the driver's side window, dealership replaced a voltage regulator. Gas mileage is not quite getting what I had hoped, about 17-19 MPG.

I LIKE MY VAN . . . A LOT
By SCRATCH on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

WE BOUGHT OUR VAN DECEMBER 03 IT HAS BEEN A JOY TO DRIVE AND WITH GAS PRICES UP, WE THINK WE GET GREAT GAS MILAGE FOR THE DRIVING WE DO.

caravan is worth the money
By jeff becker on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

this van is so much nicer than my old one i traded in. it is more comfortable and the accessories make the vehicle

Love It!!!
By FullTmeDad on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

We rented different vehicles so we could drive them for extended trips before we bought our new Grand Caravan. The anniversary edition gave us lots of extras and although I wouldn't have chosen the leather initially, I do enjoy the way it feels. The kids love the video screen and I love the way they ride quietly without asking "are we there yet?" It drives beautifully and everything is laid out so it falls easily to hand. The v-6 engine provides plenty of power and it tows the boat without struggling. I am very happy with my new Dodge and would highly recommend it.

a pleasant surprise
By iksok on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

very quiet vehicle have no problems with our purchase car is very nicely equipped leather, heated seats, at this time the most pleasure to drive as compared to other vehicles some of which were very much more expensive including imports

Buy this minivan
By curtisc on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

An exciting new minivan with great features for the entire family.

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
By busrun on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

So far very good!

Top Mini-van?
By Shawn Frankenhauser on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Anniversary Edition should come complete with ALL the toys. Isnt that why its a special edition. Lacking is the enhanced overhead features like optional horn beep to lock doors,daytime light on/off etc.,load leveling feature, I think the ES has all these other bells/whistles that would make the SXT Anniversary Edition a true Special Edt.