Used 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Annivesary Edition Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Great Buy, Excellent Features.
By Platinum Buyer

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT Anniversary Edition Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great van. I extended the warranty on my van when we brought it because it was used and had 5,000 miles on it. I have brought it in for some engine and transmission issues but thank goodness it was under warranty still a little concerning for a relatively new car. My advice if you intend to keep any vehicle past 3 years get the extended warranty. At least it is a good resale feature.

DVD, leather seats, 6 disc CD changer, the moveable console, the passenger doors (keyless entry)

Have the windows open on the sliding doors to allow more fresh air into the vehilce. some mini vans already have that feature (Toyota Sienna).

Great Van BUT...
By carolinagirl2579

I really love this van and until two months ago would have recommended it to anyone. My van is the ultimate road-trip vehicle but in two months, has been in the dealership for repairs to the ENGINE twice! I think for the money its a great vehicle, even though it doesn't have as much interior room as the new Hondas and Toyotas but I'm wondering how long its going to last. As a high mileage driver, I'm feeling like it isn't made well enough to stand up to the pressure. Also, Dodge could have used decent quality trim materials inside but again, for the price its a fantastic van. Still worried about the engine and its "issues".

The DVD player, ergonomics of the driver's seat, power doors and liftgate.

Upgraded interior trim materials instead of cheap plastic and nicer leather on the seats.

Nice
By jagfan

I am very pleased to date with our Caravan. The DVD system with the remote headphones is a blessing on long drives. Had one problem with the driver's side window, dealership replaced a voltage regulator. Gas mileage is not quite getting what I had hoped, about 17-19 MPG.

DVD system, sound system, info controller

Gas mileage

I LIKE MY VAN . . . A LOT
By SCRATCH

WE BOUGHT OUR VAN DECEMBER 03 IT HAS BEEN A JOY TO DRIVE AND WITH GAS PRICES UP, WE THINK WE GET GREAT GAS MILAGE FOR THE DRIVING WE DO.

*LOVE DVD PLAYER FOR KID *REMOVABLE SEATS *I LIKE BEING ABLE TO TURN THE INTERIOR LIGHTS OFF WHEN THE DOORS ARE OPEN AND I CLEAN THE VAN (STRANGE BUT TRUE)

MORE BACK OF SEAT POCKETS ARM REST AWKWARD DRIVER SEAT AND MIRROR RECALL WITH MY HUSBAND AND I DRIVING THE VAN. I SPEND A LOT OF TIME READJUSTING THE SEAT AND MIRRORS

caravan is worth the money
By jeff becker

this van is so much nicer than my old one i traded in. it is more comfortable and the accessories make the vehicle

the dvd has to be one of the best features . my granddaughter loves it