2004 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Nice minivan
By Pete on 03/27/10 07:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Caravan used with 21K miles for thousands less than a Sienna or Odyssey. I've put 60K miles on it and have not had any major problems. Other than regular oil/filter changes, I have replaced an EGR valve($100) and spark plug wires($60). Granted resale value is lower than Honda and Toyota, but I am pleased with the reliability. Great value. I would definitely buy another late model, low mileage used Caravan.

Great Van
By Bob on 10/14/06 08:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am driving les as I have gotten older, however the comfort of this van is just great. I have had no problems, and the mileage is superior. When I first get in the van I know I am not going to have any operating problems. And I can't wait to start the engine and take off to do errands or visit friends. This my second new van and Chrysler has a winner. In the summer, plenty of air conditioning and lots of heat in the winter. The nice thing is, passengers can enjoy these features when they are in the back seat.

Great price, but not such a great van
By Jay on 08/14/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Chevy Venture for the Grand caravan. The mileage has been way below what Chrysler quotes. We have had numerous problems with the A/C, although they cannot duplicate the problem. The pick up isn't the greatest, especially up hills. It is great on the highway, smooth and comfy. I probably will not buy another.

Our second Dodge van
By Gerry on 12/16/04 14:19 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 14800 miles on the odometer and since have driven it 2000 miles. It rides and outperforms the 98 Grand Caravan that we had traded in. This is one of the one of the most user friendly vehicles on the road. We had great luck with our old one for 5 years and 122,000 miles and expect the same from our 2004 model.

Proud New First Time Owners of a Minivan
By Sissy1235 on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We just recently bought our van used and we are so much enjoying it. The ride is so smooth unlike you think for a minivan. This is my first minivan to own and I will probably own another one when the time comes. So easy to get kids in and out of the back! I love that is is very spacious. We can't wait to take it on a long road trip.

Great car- 1 year ripe
By stonewt on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a like riding on air. The drive and handling is so smooth. Would like some extra oomph in hard excelleration, (but its a minivan) and have had fit and finnish problems. Had to take it to the overstaffed dealer to replace a weather strip on the top after a week. The dealer sent me to a bodyshop which looked at the strip that came off, and called the DEALER to order the part which would take 2 wks to arrive (we didnt get to pick the part up. The piece eventualy drove us mad so a more helpful service man stuck some doulble sided tape on and fixed the problem.....

SATISFIED USER
By R. Kurtz on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

THIS IS MY 5TH CHRYSLER MINIVAN: 3 PLYMOUTHS, 1 DODGE, AND NOW A T&C. ALL HAVE BEEN RELIABLE WITH MINIMUM PROBLEMS. DEALER IS ABOVE AVERAGE IN SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

FAIR
By sc4880 on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After I purchased, I was disappointed in the van proformance.

The Best Minivan on the Road
By KWoodson on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Dodge has always made great minivans and they just keep getting better.The Grand Caravan is a step above the rest.It is the most comfortable,the most stylish,and offers the best features and room overall.

2004 Dodge Gran Caravan
By phill on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice driving feel, very responsive. The ease of entry into vehicle is a plus and the vehicle is very rooming for having 4 teenagers and 1 other child in the family.