Used 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Nice minivan
By Pete

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Caravan used with 21K miles for thousands less than a Sienna or Odyssey. I've put 60K miles on it and have not had any major problems. Other than regular oil/filter changes, I have replaced an EGR valve($100) and spark plug wires($60). Granted resale value is lower than Honda and Toyota, but I am pleased with the reliability. Great value. I would definitely buy another late model, low mileage used Caravan.

exterior styling, dual driver/passenger and rear climate control, cargo space(largest in class), removable 2nd and 3rd row seats, adjustable 3rd row.

better city fuel economy, handling

Great Van
By Bob

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am driving les as I have gotten older, however the comfort of this van is just great. I have had no problems, and the mileage is superior. When I first get in the van I know I am not going to have any operating problems. And I can't wait to start the engine and take off to do errands or visit friends. This my second new van and Chrysler has a winner. In the summer, plenty of air conditioning and lots of heat in the winter. The nice thing is, passengers can enjoy these features when they are in the back seat.

Ease of operating.

None

Great price, but not such a great van
By Jay

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Chevy Venture for the Grand caravan. The mileage has been way below what Chrysler quotes. We have had numerous problems with the A/C, although they cannot duplicate the problem. The pick up isn't the greatest, especially up hills. It is great on the highway, smooth and comfy. I probably will not buy another.

I like the bucket seats all around, although the Chevy they each moved up and back allowing for long legged passengers. I miss door pockets and double seat pockets. The rollers on the seats are great to remove them. I like the passenger and driver can choose their own temperature setting.

Washer fluid on rear window "puddles" instead of spraying on window. The release lever on the seats is hard to release. The cup colders are cheap, but I noticed they improved in "05. Window and lock buttons would be easier if on the door armrest instead of the door panel. Cargo net would be great.

Our second Dodge van
By Gerry

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 14800 miles on the odometer and since have driven it 2000 miles. It rides and outperforms the 98 Grand Caravan that we had traded in. This is one of the one of the most user friendly vehicles on the road. We had great luck with our old one for 5 years and 122,000 miles and expect the same from our 2004 model.

The utility is wonderful. My wife is an artist and we have room for all her easels and supplies plus canvases with room left over.

None.

Proud New First Time Owners of a Minivan
By Sissy1235

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We just recently bought our van used and we are so much enjoying it. The ride is so smooth unlike you think for a minivan. This is my first minivan to own and I will probably own another one when the time comes. So easy to get kids in and out of the back! I love that is is very spacious. We can't wait to take it on a long road trip.

I love the rear air control, the double sliding back doors, and just the overall comfort of this van!

The only thing I would have to say here is maybe it could be a little less noisey. Other then that no complaints this far.