My 5th Caravan. Great Vehicle
By moparmtn on
2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I am writing this review as most people report on fairly new vehicles. So I will tell you my review of my van. I have 113000 miles and it is still running smooth, quiet, no rattles or squeaks. Change oil (full synthetic) & filter every 5000 miles. Trans gets fluid and filter every 30000 and I cyphon out 4 quarts of fluid and replace every 15000. One brake job at 75000. My only complaint is when starting in cold weather it makes a funny noise for a second or two. Hope this helps to the durability of the van. I have had 150000 + trouble free service out of all 5 of my vans. On a cross country trip I put on 11988 miles towing a pop up camper and averaged 22 mpgs. Very happy with this van.
Favorite Features
Room, comfort, versatility and fairly good gas mileage for a vehicle this size, smooth and quiet ride.
Suggested Improvements
Well I do like the styling but being it is rounded off it takes away room which is what I bought the van for in the first place. I am glad the new ones have been squared off which increases the room and storage capcity for all our camping gear. Good family van. Great tow vehicle for a pop up camper.