2003 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
My First Minivan
By mcrebob on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove this van and was instantly impressed with the handling and acceleration The list price on the model we chose is over $40,000. One thing that struck me is that the interior is, well, kinda cheap. The seats are nice, firm and supportive, but the armrests are plastic. The doors are very hard plastic. There's no memory on the power settings. There seems to be an odd lack of headroom for an interior with so much available space One thing that drives me crazy is that theres an edge that juts out from the door where they mounted the PW switches. This edge is hard is exactly where I might rest my left knee while driving. It is terribly uncomfortable

Best Family Vehicle I have Owned
By Gary Frazier on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love this van. Roomy and confortable along with a gread smooth driving vehicle. I recommend one og these ot any family with kids.

Best Van Available
By Travler on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the eL after much shopping, looked at them all, Honda, Toyota, Ford and chevy. Dodge beats them all in ride/handling, comfort, and price, about the same on MPG as Honda/Toyota. Our eL is actually better than advertized on MPG. With only 1200 Miles (1 month old) on it we are consistantly getting 28.5 highway and low 20's in town. We got the 6-CD changer and the whole sound system is AWSOME. My wife and I are card carrying AARP members and we travel a lot however we needed a vehicle with room inside and lots of comfort. This van is it!

Great Value
By guille on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The market for minivans is interesting. Honda is feeling the heat and was willing to discount an Odyssey EX, with leather and DVD, by $2,000. Almost bough a Sport nicely equipped for $26.2, but I decided to drive a hard bargain for the ES with package 29S. I had to leave twice before the dealer acquiesed to selling the vehicle for $26.6 after rebates.

Great Value
By DaveMB2 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've had the minivan for 4 months and have put about 3,000 miles on it. Not the slightest hint of a problem. My wife drives it most of the time around town and she loves it. The power doors/liftgate are indispensable. I get to drive the car on the highway and find it smooth and comfortable. Power is fine for us, but we are not aggressive drivers. Gas mileage is about advertised, we get 25 on road trips, but 18 otherwise. We bought the minivan over a sedan mainly for hauling things and it's great for that. It's hauled a bulky NordicTrack treadmill and a ton of building/landscaping supplies from Lowe's. Much more practical than a SUV.

Seatbelts are Unsafe
By jribeiro on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The seatbelts can become disengaged inadvertently. Please see www.unsafebelts.com

Excellent Vehicle
By Phillip Merlino on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Vehicle has been absouloutely wonerfull for the last 25,000 miles we looked at the Pontiac, T&C , And Honda. They didnt compare at all to the Gran Caravan Ex. We have it all fully loaded with leather power doors and liftgate 3.8 liter 215 horsepower engine 4 disc CD player etc. For only $26,678 an excellent value! Also we have 0% APR For 60 months this car has amaizing excelleration for a minivan the engine is much more refined than the honda. and feels alot more peppy than the pontiac.

One great van
By Numion Sizemore on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I decided that after our third child that we needed to purchase a minivan. We looked at and drove many different vans including the Toyota, Ford, Pontiac, and the Honda. The Grand Caravan had the best ride and comfort for the money. We bought the van with a factory DVD player. WOW it is amazing how quite the kids are when listening/watching a video. With the head phones on the kids my wife and I can still listen to the music we choose without disturbing them. The 3.3 is a great motor but I wish it was it had a little more pick-up. Should have gotten the 3.8 I will remember next time to get the 3.8L. What a value for only $26,000.

Gr Caravan ES
By Montess on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Van has it all when loaded up with available options. Looks and rides great.

Caved and bought a minivan...
By JClark on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Finally succumbing to the harsh reality of growing older, we finally decided to purchase a minivan. After looking at and driving several (Town and County, Oddessy, Sienna, MPV), we decided the best value for the dough was the Dodge GC. I think it is definitely the sportiest looking of all minivans. Power of the 3.8L is good, difference from the 3.3L is noticable. Interior size is great and to purchase an extended 70K bumper-to-bumper warranty was cheap since it already carries a 70K powertrain warranty, which made it very attractive. Can't wait to take a long family dri