2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Compressor failed 3 yrs into purchase
By curious07 on 07/10/10 20:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Caravan. I love it. Very convenient for the kids to get in and out of. My first Caravan the head gasket blew a year into purchase. The current one, the a/c compressor went three years into purchase and the gas pedal sticks. If I could afford it, I would look into the Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey.

Not a good experience this time around
By Reliability Issues on 03/01/08 16:13 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Had this van for about four years now, had a lot of trouble in the beginning with small things like the rear htch opening at will. Since the waranty ran out we are having trouble with the transmision (shifting back and forth between gears as you accelerate) water pump has gone, front end is loose and makes strange noises - I suspect the ball joints are shot, transmission hose broke and dumped transmission fluid all over road. Engine is loosing oil like crazy. Does not seem to be leaking so I can only assume that it is burning oil. This is my third Dodge Van... first two were good but this one has had problem after problem. I suspect I will not buy another Dodge van

Rollover
By Pat on 07/15/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I recently had a horrible accident in this van and miraculously survived! I swerved to avoid an animal on Interstate 70 in Utah and when I tried to correct, it didn't happen. I was traveling at 75-77 MPH on cruise and the wheels caught the concrete and I was accross the freeway and hit a large light pole, then rolled 3-5 times as I was told and somehow came out with only a broken clavicle, severely sprained back and lots of cuts and bruises. The recovery is slow, but the air bags and seat belts must have saved me...or a guardian angel? Whatever it was, I'm sure something helped me survive. I would buy another of these vans ASAP. Insurance said this was an excellant rated van for this crash.

Bob's review
By Bob C on 05/05/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall vehicle has had a good performance history. Only had one issue/problem that the dealership was never able to identify and thus fix. Problem would occur when the vehicle was intially started, engine would shake and then correct itself after a minute or two. Since the check engine light never went on the dealer would never perform any other diagnostic analysis. This problem does not happen all the time on;y on rare occassions.

Caravan
By hawk on 12/04/05 08:33 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a 90 grand caravan for 8 years and liked it so much that we bought a new one, no complaints about either one. It is not a small car but gets good gas mileage for its size.

Fun Van to Drive
By fosterdad on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are foster parents and we just got our second child and realized we needed to trade in my wife's Mercury Tracer for a Grand Caravan. So far, we have been very happy with our purchase. This is a sporty looking van and has been very reliable and fun to drive. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of leg and head room. It came with a VCR so we also bought a portable DVD to plug in to it. The kids LOVE to be able to watch movies on long trips. The only complaint that I have is that the gas mileage is pathetic compared to the Odyssey and the Sienna vans. I couldn't fit in those, but I'm not disappointed. As a matter of fact, I'm looking to trade in my car and get a Caravan also.

ONLY THE BEST
By MOTHEROF2 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

DODGE WAS THE ORIGINAL WHEN IT CAME TO CARAVANS AND THEY HAVE ONLY IMPROVED OVER THE YEARS THE SLEEK LOOK MAKES IT NOT ONLY A FUNCTIONAL VEHICLE TO DRIVE, BUT A STYLISH ONE AS WELL. THE EASY TO MOVE REAR SEATS MAKE IT EASY TO TRANSFORM THE VAN FROM A FAMILY VAN TO A CARGO VAN- GREAT FOR MOVING FURNITURE! THIS IS NOT YOUR MOM'S OLD MINIVAN...

By a berg on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle We never thought we would own a minivan but it is great when traveling with the kids...

Simply Grand Caravan
By marycc6 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Dodge Grand Caravan. It is easy to handle, very comfortable and I can easily get five loud eight year olds or just one squirmy two year old into it. The ride is smooth, the pick up is great, and the interior is sleek and convenient.

excellent
By lili12345 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

my husband was one of those"mini vans are for women" until one day he was hunting and his truck got stuck up on the logging trail. not only was i able to pick him up, i was able to take him further. it went over huge rocks with ease and never damaged the van. he now loves the van...also it is able to keep up with a bmw z-3! love, love my van...lots of room too