2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
good value
By jim on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

139k only a few repairs, 2 sets brake pads, tow 1500 lb trailer/catamaran, excellent interior volume can get 26 mpg highway not towing, leather seats could be more comfy, turn signal release l failed, drivers power window, new exhaust, rattly front end, mechanic states nothing there needs replaced, also own 01 gc, same front end, both are sloppy when compared to Odyssey

My 5th Caravan. Great Vehicle
By moparmtn on 01/23/09 07:24 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing this review as most people report on fairly new vehicles. So I will tell you my review of my van. I have 113000 miles and it is still running smooth, quiet, no rattles or squeaks. Change oil (full synthetic) & filter every 5000 miles. Trans gets fluid and filter every 30000 and I cyphon out 4 quarts of fluid and replace every 15000. One brake job at 75000. My only complaint is when starting in cold weather it makes a funny noise for a second or two. Hope this helps to the durability of the van. I have had 150000 + trouble free service out of all 5 of my vans. On a cross country trip I put on 11988 miles towing a pop up camper and averaged 22 mpgs. Very happy with this van.

Regular Maintenance yet problems persist
By Larry on 12/17/08 21:47 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased at 22K (used) currently at 66K. On the way home after the purchase (no joke!) we noticed a transmission shudder on the 1-2 upshift. We now avoid the 1800- 1900rpm 1-2 upshift (at least 2000rpm). Also, tranny was leaking fluid in the garage so the dealership replaced the solenoid (at 52K). Overall, the tranny is very, very delicate and we do not tow/haul 7 passengers whatsover. The power steering fluid must be topped up/checked often or else it will scream. Also, links/bushings were replaced at 50K as well as tie rods replaced at 60K. The e-brake may not release causing the rear discs to drag. If this happens pump the brakes/work the release handle.

We're there already?
By shipo on 01/08/07 08:17 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The driving dynamics of this van are very similar to the ones I wrote about for our 1998. The only real differences are the more powerful engine at higher RPMs, the slightly better gas mileage and the higher seating position for the driver (not a good thing). This van is pretty much a fully optioned van with DVD video system, Infiniti audio, leather, adjustable pedals, power doors and other goodies. With the DVD system, our kids often ask "Are we there already?" after one of our frequent 5 hour trips to the NYC area. Geez, what a pleasure.

lust at first sight
By victor morris on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

when i first saw this van,i almost got rearended i hit the brakes so hard..i was passing by a dealership in richmond,virginia and i saw the side door glide back.the leather seats that were exposed reminded me of my fathers lazyboy football chair,large and inviting.i made the first available u- turn,i had to investigate.once on the lot,the magnetic pull locked in on me like an alien tracter beam.once inside,i knew that i had to have it.auto doors(3),leather,dvd,radio controls on the steering wheel...best purchase of my life

My Best Car Yet
By bparker on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This care is smooth driving and easy handling. I have been a Grand Caravan owner since 1989 and this is the best yet.

Best Family Vehicle I have Owned
By Gary Frazier on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love this van. Roomy and confortable along with a gread smooth driving vehicle. I recommend one og these ot any family with kids.

Great Value
By guille on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The market for minivans is interesting. Honda is feeling the heat and was willing to discount an Odyssey EX, with leather and DVD, by $2,000. Almost bough a Sport nicely equipped for $26.2, but I decided to drive a hard bargain for the ES with package 29S. I had to leave twice before the dealer acquiesed to selling the vehicle for $26.6 after rebates.

Seatbelts are Unsafe
By jribeiro on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The seatbelts can become disengaged inadvertently. Please see www.unsafebelts.com

Gr Caravan ES
By Montess on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Van has it all when loaded up with available options. Looks and rides great.