Used 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan EX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Best Caravan Yet
By Happy Caravan

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Dodge Caravan ('88, '93, '03) and I have been VERY please so far. I have my latest Caravan for 2.5 years and have zero mechanical problems. The ONLY issue that I have had with this vehicle is that the assemply plant missed the welds that join the roof sheet metal to the posts behind the front door (both sides). The body shop manager at the dealer said that he had NEVER seen that before, so hopefully, it was an isolated incident. Dealer fixed it for free and it has not been an issue.

Favorite Features

Tight turning radius, DVD player and movie screen, comfortable seats, High reliability, trip computer and overhead console. Seats are much easier to remove than benches on older models

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes (replaced the rotors after 20K). Better tires (looking kind of thin after 28K). Better gas mileage (17 in town, 23 on highway - previous Caravan did better, but that was a 3.3L)

Nice Appliance
By Craig

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is really a great appliance. Have had the van since new and pushing toward 100,000 miles. Very few problems. This is our 4th Chrysler van and we can see the improvements from the tie up with Daimler. More solid feel to interior. Weak points are brakes and tranny. But if you stay on top of maintenance, they'll get you by.

Favorite Features

Interior room, electric doors, decent gas mileage for the size.

Suggested Improvements

More power, stronger brakes

It must have been made on a Monday!
By Lemon

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had trouble with this van since the day we bought it. Constantly in the Service bay for one thing or another. I get smart sarcasms from the salesmen and mechanics. Most recently I have had this van in the dealership 6 times in a month and a half for the same problem. I will never buy another Dodge. We have always had foreign cars and I guess now we know why!

Favorite Features

I do like the room in the interior, If the engine and electrical were just workable.

Suggested Improvements

Replace entire electrical computer system.

dans ex grand caravan
By Daniel D

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable on long trips. Handles great for a minivan. The powered doors have become indispensible.

Not sure all the bugs are worked out
By ballcap

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this van for 1 year. In the last year, the following items have had to be replaced. Torque converter in transmission, alternator, power steering pump and now another phantom noise from the rear of the van. Also, with the quad seating, it is nearly impossible to get into the rear bench seats. Thank god the warranty is decent, I am sure I will be back the service dept soon.

Favorite Features

Power doors, and good hp from 3.8L

Suggested Improvements

Reliability of mechanicals.