2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Nice Appliance
By Craig on 12/22/06 07:45 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is really a great appliance. Have had the van since new and pushing toward 100,000 miles. Very few problems. This is our 4th Chrysler van and we can see the improvements from the tie up with Daimler. More solid feel to interior. Weak points are brakes and tranny. But if you stay on top of maintenance, they'll get you by.

It must have been made on a Monday!
By Lemon on 07/18/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had trouble with this van since the day we bought it. Constantly in the Service bay for one thing or another. I get smart sarcasms from the salesmen and mechanics. Most recently I have had this van in the dealership 6 times in a month and a half for the same problem. I will never buy another Dodge. We have always had foreign cars and I guess now we know why!

Best Caravan Yet
By Happy Caravan on 05/12/05 01:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Dodge Caravan ('88, '93, '03) and I have been VERY please so far. I have my latest Caravan for 2.5 years and have zero mechanical problems. The ONLY issue that I have had with this vehicle is that the assemply plant missed the welds that join the roof sheet metal to the posts behind the front door (both sides). The body shop manager at the dealer said that he had NEVER seen that before, so hopefully, it was an isolated incident. Dealer fixed it for free and it has not been an issue.

Not sure all the bugs are worked out
By ballcap on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this van for 1 year. In the last year, the following items have had to be replaced. Torque converter in transmission, alternator, power steering pump and now another phantom noise from the rear of the van. Also, with the quad seating, it is nearly impossible to get into the rear bench seats. Thank god the warranty is decent, I am sure I will be back the service dept soon.

dans ex grand caravan
By Daniel D on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable on long trips. Handles great for a minivan. The powered doors have become indispensible.

Great Value
By DaveMB2 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've had the minivan for 4 months and have put about 3,000 miles on it. Not the slightest hint of a problem. My wife drives it most of the time around town and she loves it. The power doors/liftgate are indispensable. I get to drive the car on the highway and find it smooth and comfortable. Power is fine for us, but we are not aggressive drivers. Gas mileage is about advertised, we get 25 on road trips, but 18 otherwise. We bought the minivan over a sedan mainly for hauling things and it's great for that. It's hauled a bulky NordicTrack treadmill and a ton of building/landscaping supplies from Lowe's. Much more practical than a SUV.

Excellent Vehicle
By Phillip Merlino on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Vehicle has been absouloutely wonerfull for the last 25,000 miles we looked at the Pontiac, T&C , And Honda. They didnt compare at all to the Gran Caravan Ex. We have it all fully loaded with leather power doors and liftgate 3.8 liter 215 horsepower engine 4 disc CD player etc. For only $26,678 an excellent value! Also we have 0% APR For 60 months this car has amaizing excelleration for a minivan the engine is much more refined than the honda. and feels alot more peppy than the pontiac.

Caved and bought a minivan...
By JClark on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Finally succumbing to the harsh reality of growing older, we finally decided to purchase a minivan. After looking at and driving several (Town and County, Oddessy, Sienna, MPV), we decided the best value for the dough was the Dodge GC. I think it is definitely the sportiest looking of all minivans. Power of the 3.8L is good, difference from the 3.3L is noticable. Interior size is great and to purchase an extended 70K bumper-to-bumper warranty was cheap since it already carries a 70K powertrain warranty, which made it very attractive. Can't wait to take a long family dri

The Best
By IMackid4 on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van is the bst in the world. The power sliding doors and the rear hatch is so cool. Pepole look at the van when ever I open the gate or close it. It comes in handy when pepoles hands are full.

Best Minivan Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Tull22 on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

To start the whole process, the dealership was great my sales person was wonderful and most of all my new caravan Ex is unbeliveable. Before I had a ford winstar and the grand caravan just blows it away, from its unique look to is great ride and options that I want on my vehicle. I have put on just over 2000 miles in a month and I get good gas milage. If you are in the market for a minivan you have to atleast give dodge a shot I did and I love it!