Watch those power doors
By Karen on
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
We purchased this Dodge Grand Caravan Sport to replace our 10 year old Grand Caravan that died. This is our 3rd one and because of previous problems we also purchased the extended 100,000 mile warranty. I strongly suggest purchasing extended warranties with these vans as they are prone to problems. So why did I buy my 3rd one? Because they are just fun to drive for a mini-van! Just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I'm dead. It's comfortable, extremely maneuverable, and tows our pop-up camper with ease. The power sliding door was a big problem, however. Never would work when the outside temp was less than 75. This went on for three years! Finally, "uplinking" the computer to a satellite fixed it.
Favorite Features
The power lift gate--heavenly with an armload of stuff in the rain! Very comfortable. Great on long trips. Cruises along very smoothly. Plenty of storage space and extra power outlets are great for a TV. The rear AC is great for the people in the back. They stay cool without freezing me out.
Suggested Improvements
The original tires were horrible! Always slid in the rain. Replaced them at 35,000 miles with Michelins and have had no problems since, along with those pesky brakes everyone else has mentioned. Having to remove the back seat can be a chore when you need more room.