Great van, great space, great power.
By tunnaman on
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I really like this van after owning Astro, Lumina, Aerostar, Windstar, and short Caravan. The space is wonderful and the power is suprising for something so big. I really dislike the blindspots and the road/wind noise at 75mph. I've averaged between 19.4 and 20.5 for my all purpose driving. I have a heavy foot, so I have been plesantly suprised with the mileage. I've had a series of quality frustrations like the side door gasket became compressed and noisy. The dealer replaced it. The PS cooler mount has a broken weld so every time I close a door it sounds like a penny in soup can. The dealer is charging me $390 to get it fixed.
Favorite Features
Power, space, heated front seats. Load leveling suspension has been very handy when I go to Home Depot. The toggle on the gearshift for semi- manual gear selection is wonderful in the mountains.
Suggested Improvements
Dodge needs to reduce road noise! Talking on the cell phone is difficult. The radio has to be set at 21 to drown out the noise! Over time the door gaskets compress and car becomes loud. After complaints the dealer replaced the L. slider gasket. Open-center headrests would reduce blindspots.