Used 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Satisfied Grand Caravan Owners
By ATC

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We've been very pleased with our Grand Caravan. Not a single complaint. Very easy choice for us to make at the time vs. the Honda Odyssey. Dodge had a better warranty, rebates and financing than Honda was offering and we got far more van for far less price than if we had purchased an Odyssey.

Favorite Features

10 year/100,000 mile warranty makes you feel warm and cozy!

So unhappy
By Lang

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Leased a 1999 Grand Caravan Sport SE. I loved it and decided to by a new one when my lease was up. Bought a 2002 Grand Caravan Sport. I hate it! I kept telling the dealer I wanted the same exact options I had in the '99 and was told they were not available, so I settled! The 2002 has a rougher ride and I've had problems with my parking brake. It doesn't release completely on the first try and have to pull over and put it on again and release it. Sometimes it takes 3 tries before it releases. Had it back to the dealer twice and they say there is nothing wrong. Every time I drive this Van, I feel like I made a big mistake and can't waite to get rid of it!!

So unhappy
By lang

The World's Greatest Minivan
By dodgefan

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle looks and drives as great as a sports car. The stereo is awesome, and the power- operated sliding doors and liftgate are useful and fun to use. If there's one thing that could be improved, it's the flexibility of options. First of all, the base SE model has a very limited set of options. I would have gone for that, if rear air and power locks/windows/cruise control could be combined. It's good that this is possible for 2003. The Sport has many options, but the value is poor, and my wife wanted the power doors and liftgate, so we decided on the eX. Still, this van outclasses the Honda Odyssey in EVERY area but safety, only by a small margin.

Favorite Features

CD/Cassette radio, great style, power sliding doors and liftgate, reasonable price, interior gadgets, driving dynamics

Suggested Improvements

lower price about $1000 on Sport, and $750 on eX; if this is done, I'm sure this will greatly increase sales

The World's Greatest Minivan
By DodgeFan

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Suggested Improvements