2002 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
2002 Grand Caravan ex
By JohnyD on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Looked at all minivans and pared the list down to the Honda, Mazda and Grand Caravan. I refuse to be railroaded into paying $3k over MSRP for a car, so the Honda was out. We ended up buying the Grand Caravan ex and hit the road on a 1200 mile road trip from SoCal to Lake Powell and back. We hit extreme temps, rain, wind, sand storms and the van took it all like a champ. Very comfortable and well thought out vehicle. I am still a little worried about the reliability of the power train, but with the 7yr/100k warranty, I think that is covered. Great van for a great price.

there are no problems to Dodge
By fan of Grand Caravan on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a new Dodge Grand Caravan for about $20,000, with the key fob. It is clearly the best minivan. The only options aside of the standard features were the Power Convenience Group, Deluxe Convenience Group, CD player with cassette, and Rear Window Defroster. This van has many great features like the cupholders, stereo, and excellent air conditioning. The fuel economy is also great for a van. I fail to see why this van's twin (Town & Country) placed only fourth in Edmunds' Minivan Comparison Test.

Upping the ante
By mholle on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Value for the price defines the EX model. Equipped with most features that one wants in a family vehicle, you won't break the bank with this van. The 3.8L engine is smooth and gets up to speed quickly. Having owned 2 other Caravans, I'll wait to give judgement on the transmission. Fit and finish appear good. At times the electric doors are a little finicky about opening and closing. I don't know if it relates to operator or mechanical issues.

Grand Caravan Sport
By Piscano on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Doors rattle 3.5 l engine not as responsive as previously leased 99 Gr. Caravan Seats uncomfortable.

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport
By jsr on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable, quiet ride. Good visibility. Excellent sound system with six speakers. Easy to drive. Test drove Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey, also. The Grand Caravan is definitely competitive; I was pleasantly surprised. Decided against the Sienna due to smaller space; the Odyssey due to budget. I would have bought the Odyssey at MSRP, but no offers.

Very good van
By idnpeg on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

2002 Grand Caravan Sport. Purchased in Nov 2001, now with 8000+ miles. No problems! Great ride, quiet, smooth, plenty of room. I will admit I feel more secure with the 7/100 warranty they threw in for free. I would have liked to purchase the Honda Odyssey, but I feel very good about the $$$$ I saved. The customer service I got at purchase time was fabulous, and that sealed the deal for me; I worked with the fleet manager. My next door neighbor bought one; and another family friend too. I have heard a rattle or two; under the dash driver side, and back near the rear bench seat; they come and go. But hey, I did not buy a $40,000 luxury car.

Great Grand Caravan
By Eversole on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I spent the last several months window shopping for minivans on the internet, and my wife has recently visited the various dealerships, looking at the Windstar, Sienna, Odyssey, and the Grand Caravan. The selling point for the Grand Caravan is that the price is a couple thousand below comparable models, and the ride, general comfort, and power of the Grand Caravan is generally superior to the other minivans. We went out and bought the Grand Caravan (with only 7 miles on it), and added on the Added Care additional warranty. So far, this minivan has exceeded our expectations, and is a lot of fun to drive.

'96 Plymouth Grand Voyager
By Tim Johnson on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a '96 Grand Voyager (same as Grand Caravan). The transmission blew at 60k and now with 130k its begining to slip. But I must admit is has served us well. You get good power out of the 3.3L V6. Lots of room, VERY comfortable ride.

Better than Honda, Ford and all the rest
By davek on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for over 6 months and 10k miles. It still feels and drives exactly like the day I picked it up. Dodge dealer was great to work with. Lots more options for a much lower price than the Honda and I didn't have to put up with the Honda dealers attitude.

nu 4 2002
By Zulu on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had a '97 Dodge Caravan LE and loved it. This one blows the '97 away. Tremendous ride, sound system, leather appointments.